I am blogging from my bed!! Aaaahhhh... I pat myself on the back for applying for an extra day of leave... in this gloomy weather, you just don't feel like working...
There are a few things cramming my head, fighting for space and attention these days. Some things that need to be done and insya-Allah, I will try to resolve it. I pray He shows me the right way. Ameen.
Alhamdulillah, we were blessed to celebrate yet another Eid-ul Adha, kan... may He bestows his redha on all the sacrifices we make... ameen.
My family had a tahlil for all our beloved ones who've gone before us, Sunday night. You see, my dad passed on one Friday, eve of Eid-ul Adha in 2002. So, since then, we've always held a tahlil every 10 Zulhijjah... I hope all our efforts will benefit our beloved, ameen.
Like ms hart mentioned in her blog, the weather was so gloomy yesterday. But since we stayed indoors, I didn't really mind. The weather was cool, so tak lah berpeluh-peluh bila sibuk melayan tetamu...
We had a simple menu for Eid -- ketupat daun palas, nasi himpit, rendang ayam & daging and mom's original laksa lemak. I baked a choc cake and some cupcakes. SIL brought a choc cheese cake. Enough to fill our tummies from morning till night!! :-D
In the afternoon, the ladies from the nearby surau sent a periuk of sup gearbox from the korban in the morning. Alhamdulillah, our family ada rezeki lebih to korban seekor lembu. I pandang sebelah mata je sup gearbox tuuu... you can see the fat floating on the surface of the soup tauuu... eeeiieww
Did I tell you my camera went bonkers?? I dropped it about 3 weeks ago and it plunged from the third floor down to the second floor!! So angry at myself for being so careless. I now have a hard time using it to take photos (I have no problem reviewing saved photos though)... the lense macam buta... kena godek2 and if I'm lucky, I can 'see'... more often than not, the lense refuses to 'open up' and all there is is blackness... how laa...
So, since camera buat hal, malas nak layan dia to take photos... but I did my best in godek-godeking to capture the bakes I did for Eid and here they are... (alamakkkk malu la kalau wiz tengok!! ;-) -- Wiz!! I was inspired by you, you know!!) Am sure all of you know Wiz, kan... Wiz is THE Queen of cupcakes, novelty cakes, all the cantik-cantik cakes, lahhh... Maira's beeeauuutiful handbag birthday cake was baked by the Royal Majesty herself... I bow to you, my queen... :-D
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Post Eid al-Adha ramblings...
Posted by MHB at Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
hehehehehe... am the first to comment..!!
nice cupcakes and choc cakes...
daybab sendiri pon sanggat kagum!!
nakkk!!! post sket bole? ;)
http://www.cupcakecuisine.com.au/Weddings.htm
daybab jumpa site nie...
Wow, cantiknya your cupcakes and choc cake.You have loads of patience and is so artistic!Superb array walaupun tengah malas2 mood!
dear tina, i knew u'd hv it in u when it comes to cake decorating. You're one creative lady with taste. :)
he he...nak bodek siap2 sebelum u become the next ms wiz, so nnt can give me discount. muahahaha
seriously, nice bakes! well done! :)
Hello MHB,
Selamat Hari Raya!
I'm truly impressed dgn your cupcakes deco lah! Even I yg dah pergi ke cake deco class couldn't even attempt to decorate my cupcakes like how you did yours! Wow!!
By the way, could you email me Wiz's the Queen of Novelty cakes hp no. or email address? I'm finding it difficult to have someone to make a novelty cake for my son's birthday on the 20th Dec. We are celebrating it in Malaysia this year. This is my email add (if you don't mind lah) azlina_an05@yahoo.com
Much thanks, MHB!
daybab -- thanks!!
D -- dapat tak?? :-D
mamasita -- thanks for the kind compliments!! saya budak baru belajar ;o) the cupcakes tu look quite amateur-ish looking laaa... hehe
rin -- wah wah wah... puji ada makna ye.... thanks for the sooooo kind compliments... jadi the next ms wiz?? adoiiii... where can?? wiz will alWIZ be THE Queen... and to her we bow... heheh
MTT -- thanks for the compliments but don't la puji so much... am sure if you attempt at it you'll get the desired outcome, much much nicer than the ones I made, I'm sure!!
yes, I will email you wiz' no & email add ya... btw, I provided the link to her blog which has the details, but nemind I'll email you anyways, ok??
And and early happy birthday wish to your son!! Dec 20 -- will it coincide with the get-together MrsN is planning?? Tension coz I will have to miss it!!
Alamak! If you feel malu with THAT kind of cupcake decos, I think I can die laaah if I were to share MY kind of decos - which setakat ini, masih belum pernah cuba buat pun, and kalau buat pun sure teramatlah buruknya (itupun, KALAU I buat laaa...)
Seriously - your cupcakes are so pretty! I love the colours :)
Dearest,
For someone who doesn't bake for a living, you sure know how to twirl those swirls, mingle the sprinkles and tower those sugar flowers. Excellent job!
If there are any reasons at all for you to resign, well this is surely a good one.
Love
Your royal "sugar high"ness. he he he
wanshana -- you said it yourself!! belum cuba, belum tahu!!! cuba you buat tengok... :-D hehe... mana tau malatups hasilnya!!
anyways, its a good and fun activity to bond with your daughters (and son too, if he's interested) :-D
wiz -- haaa... the Queen hath spoken... :-D
thanks for the compliments, my "sugar high"ness... it means a lot coming from the cake royalty herself hehe... but I am definitely keeping my day job!! haha
Wa...sedapnyer cupcakes itu. I m also a cup cake lover...tapi bukan suka bake tau suka makan je. I masak tapi tak pandai lansung bab2 bake. Warna2 cup cakes itu comel seperti comelnya wall paper blog u jugak.
cute betul ur cupcakes!i love baking but bab decorating ni fail...so nicely done!Ini you kata malas, if rajin, camna la rupa ur cupcakes agaknya..mau kalau pastry chef!
Wa-aa-aaa..how come I missed the boat???
Soooo pretty the cupcakes, my dear!! The colours are soo YOU!!
Am not going to attempt all this..I need not; for I alWIZ have my cake fairy (who happens to be your Queen) to do these cute little sweeties for me and I heard now my fairy has one very talented 'assistant'!!:) So the hopeless me can stay hopeless still!!?! heh heh
kaseh -- terima kasih atas puji-pujian... part decorate-decorate ni kalau you try sure jadi lawaa gak selawa aturan batu-batu permata yang you jahit atas baju2 those lucky ladies!! :-D
royalshoppingarcade -- thanks... I always kagum tengok others' cupcakes deco... gerammmm... am so inspired by all the others out there!!
ms hart -- the colours are sooo me?? awwww... I wish I am thaaat sweet!! hehe
yes, the cake fairy queen definitely tiada tandingannya... her creations are simply superb... and I think it's because she bakes and decorates with so much lurveeee... just like the way you campak-campak your ingredients to make sumptuous dishes... all prepared with lurveeeee :-D
nih dah bole jual nih , honest...love the swirl with small2 colors thingy tuh....
zaitgha -- wah... besar hati madame bake-perfect comment swirls kita... :-D
Post a Comment