Lamanya tak update blog, kan... alhamdulillah, am no longer melancholic, just busy... don't know which one's better, the former or the latter...
Everyone's sibuk tak terkata at the office now... and will be for the next 2 weeks... left the office at 8.30pm a day last week and mammamia... the parking lot was still full-house!! adoiiiii!!
Last week Thursday-Saturday I was in PD & Malacca for work... a retreat we organised for the press people... why PD, you may ask... well, times are bad so instead of some 6*star hotel at some island, A*vill*on pun jadik la ye... hehe
It was almost all work and almost no play whatsoever for me!! I say almost because of course, I did squeeze in some fun in between... pandai-pandailah kan... :-)
One thing I didn't get to do was to enjoy their newly-launched spa... lawaaa tau their new spa... bilaalah nak dapat pergi lagi...
Check out the Av*i Spa... lurrrvvvveee the colors!!
Basically the retreat was organised to update our media friends on the going-ons at our organisation. Alhamdulillah, it went well... a few hiccups here and there in the beginning (wifi connection was sooooo bad!! nasib baik we tested our demos a day before to have a back-up plan) but in the end we overcame it!! yeay!!
The first day was quite stressful... so what do you do to release the stress after the briefing was over?? Ka-ra-o-kay!! hehe... it was part of the programme and we had so much fun...
Habis je briefing on the second day, it was like MERDEKA for me and the team!! Sooooo glad the *important* part of the retreat was over. We had a pirate's night themed dinner konon-konon that night. After dinner, more karaoke (menyanyi /or was it menjerit sekuat hati?? :-D) and after karaoke... swimming at 12.30am!! Stress reliever betolll....
We left PD on Saturday morning for Malacca -- Jonker Walk. This short detour to Malacca was so that we could absorb some authentic Malaccan culture (chewah, ada orang Melaka tu senyuuummm je nampak :-D), taste the food and admire the antiques. Basically cuci mata lah...
We had lunch as this wonderful place called Peranakan Restaurant recommended by ms hart's uncle (thanks, ms hart and uncle... we love the place!!)
I believe the house belongs to some filthy-rich Straits Chinese family who converted it into a restaurant.
We had the must-haves of course... assam pedas Melaka and cendol among other things... yummmsss... ni kena mintak resepi assam pedas Melaka from ms hart niiii.... :-D
There was so much to see in the restaurant itself -- wall hangings, cabinetry, jaded framed photographs... it was a sight to behold and the food was very good too (now can I get commission for my recommendations??) hehe
I love the tiles too... it reminded me of my school days... our school flooring used to look like these...
After lunch, jalan-jalan sikitlah (though macam dah tak leh nak jalan after all that food!!)... Waaahhh... Jonker Walk happening now (went there last in 2006)... someone told me that it had a facelift when it was declared as one of the World's Heritage Site by UNESCO this year.
Went to Bibik House for some buah tangan to take home... the pineapple tarts were heavenly... and I couldn't resist another bowl of cendol!! :-D
I think I might do Malacca again with my girls in the next couple of weeks!!






24 comments:
Serononya and what beautiful pitures! This is again another must that I have to put in my notebook. A must to visit. Semua ni rancangan saja - bila balik,tak ada masa langsung nak berehat.
Glad you had a great time.
Hi MHB,
I always think that Avillion is the best resort in PD. The new ones just failed in comparison. But mak oi..mahalnya harga dia for a hotel in PD. Kalau Langkawi or Pulau Pangkor, paham lah juga but PD(?!!). Hmm..
Must try out the Peranakan Restaurant the next time we go back to Melaka. Where is the place? Boleh beri direction sikit? :-) Nanti I beritau tuan kedai yg you recommended this place and to give you discount the next time you visit the restaurant. Ok?
Dear MHB,
It's good that you've been keeping yourself busy. Avillion is indeed a nice place to chill in PD. Nice ambiance, lush and tranquil. Have been wanting to go there again, but with my crazy schedule, I dare not promise the kids anything.
Glad you had a terrific time :)
Kak Teh -- Jonker Walk is definitely a place worth your visit next time you're back. Rows of shops selling antiques and curios. And don't miss out on the cendol... hmmmm heavenly!! :-D
MTT -- it's at 107 Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (next to Jonker Walk). Once you're in Jonker Walk you'll bump into the place amongst the antique shops.
Yup, Avillion is mahal for PD, kan?? But like you said, they're still the best... mahal2 pun, the place was crowded with peeps when I was there!!
kay_leeda -- bring la your kids there again, I'm sure they'll appreciate it!! :-D Adoiii mommy pun tengah sibuk ke?? cuti sekolah tinggal sebulan je lagi ni... hehe
hubby and I had taken our girls there once before too... and kalau ikutkan perasaan, I could go on feeling melancholic during my stay there tapi just got no time, boleh?? It's good to be too damn busy sometimes :-)
Hmm...Avillion...love the place...but I couldn't sleep well thinking of the 'ombak menghempas pantai' which was yeaaahh...right under our suite!!! Takuuuut!!!! Lucky my roommate then was my old buddy...so we spent the whole night pot-pet-pot-pet sampai Subuh!!!! Besok meeting, guna match stick tampung eye-lid!! he he
Wah, glad you love the Peranakan place! Trust my uncle sebab dia selalu kena bawak state's VVIP guests tour Melaka. So he should know lah benda/place authentic-authentic nih. Buuuut...gerrrraaaaam sebab we didn't get to meet, kan? That day I had hoped to surprise you kat Peranakan place tu, but last-last I yang surprised sebab tengok time, dah way past lunch time!! I had my close buddies over, kan? We had masak asam too...but from my kitchen lor!
Cepat, jom bawak your princesses jalan2 sini, ok?!
hi LOVE!!!!!...miss chatting/texting/catching up with you...so the melancholic thing has been erased from your screen??..it is OKAY to sometime feel macam tu kan??..we are human being and i myself VERRRRYYY sensitive kinda lady...so, kinda understand you...
hey, i've got some little tiny miny thing for you from a faraway land called L*nd*n...it may b not the one that you wanted but hey!..of course lovely fren like you will have something from me kan??? hehe...pls text me asap coz my old sim card has been blocked (thanx to my eldest daughter..grrr). i got a replacement y'day..trying to text you but hey!...it was not in the sim card...%$#%^*(&%$..pleeeaaasseee text me...ciao..
We love Avillion!!! Such a cool place, tapi everytime Haizal or myself nak mandi we had to warn the kids not to open the window overlooking the semi-outdoor shower tuh. Not a good sight - seeing their kerepot parents having a shower in there. Hahaha!
And the kids love their swimming pool and kids' activity room, too.
Seperti biasa, our stay there was sponsored. So, nak kena tunggu Haizal has another meeting there, baru we go again kot ;)
Take care, dear :)
MHB, ya think I can afford this place? I sooooooo wanna go. Need to unwind......NOW!
Love those pics.
So, when are we gonna serbu HArt's peranakan place plak? Would love to chill with you two.
MHB,
Wow... check out the pics! I like...
Avillion tu best kan. I must take the girls there. Yasmin been there but not others. But the rate is so expensive! Hmm...
I just viewed wanshana's pics in langkawi, now tgk yours, nak kena ni pergi melaka jgk ni. Lagi pun didn't hv the chance to try the trishaw in Penang. Hehehe...
Hugs to the girls.
ms hart -- you wanted to surprise me?? hehe... nasib baik tak jadi... kalau tidak mau tersembur assam pedas bila I ternampak you!! hehe
yeah... I so want to go to Jonker again... ari tu just for a couple of hours only... in fact dah sibuk nak buat reservations kat Heeren House @ Jonker tapi the place is booked on the date that I want... so next option is to go to PD instead... kalau ada rezeki kita jumpa gak nanti k?? :-D
ladydi -- nanti keep my number in your buku tiga lima ok?? :-)
thanks dear for the lovely gift, I love it ok?? betul2 ikhlas niii... don't la worry!! kih3
wanshana -- I guess everyone loves Avillion, huh?? yeah, the shower is pretty cool... tho' there was one night when I took a shower after midnight tetiba datang perasaan seram that a huge hand was gonna emerge from below and grab me!! haha... penakut gak I niii :-D
I read your comment twice... part 'Haizal OR myself nak mandi' ingatkan Haizal AND myself nak mandi... hehe... not when the kids are around, I guess!! ;-)*wink*wink*
Wiz -- of course you can!! and you soooooo deserve it!! NOW!! hehe
ye lah, we should really make a plan to visit our sis down there... hmmmm maybe we should wait for an official invitation ;-) hehe
jabishah -- yup, the price is pretty steep kan... sigh... but I guess berbaloi la if there's 6 people in the family like yours...
I don't know if its just me, but Jonker Walk memang lebih happening now compared to two years ago... but don't know if the kids will like tagging along mommy looking at antiques ke tidak haha
kids ni senang je... as long as there's a swimming pool, that'll make them happy already, kan?
MHB,
Tersedak I!!! Hahahahaha!!!
Yes, i wrote "Haizal OR myself nak mandi", okey?!
wanshana -- heheheheh... sorry I made you tersedak!!!
Haizal AND yourself nak mandi pun ok whaaaatt?? hehe
Thanks for sharing your experience. Melaka seems like a good place to go to for a short break this school holidays. Love Jonkers Walk and the little quaint shops. Last time I went was years ago, and I'm sure now lagi interesting. The Peranakan Restaurant looks like a must visit -- where exactly is this place?
Queen Of The House -- hello, Your Majesty!! :-D
Like I've posted up in my comment to MTT, the restaurant's at 107 Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (next to Jonker Walk). Yes, the restaurant serves good food and I think to be safe, you better make reservations before going.
Here's their number I got from ms hart's uncle: 012 631 7752
Ooops. I missed your earlier comment! Anywhere with good food is worth checking out, sebab for my family (my husband especially) kalau pergi jalan-jalan ni, banyak sangat songeh about food tak sedap la, itu la, ini la. :D
Eeiissh..you won't tersedak, don't worry...I didn't plan to show my big fat self there!! I had wanted to leave something for you lor!! Tapi tak sempaaat nak pergi!!!
Dear sister MHB,
Beautiful pictures. They are enticing me and family to start our cuti-cuti Malaysia as soon as we can insyaAllah.
Thank you again for the lovely pictures and info on the places you have been.
Definitely trying to organise family trips to Malacca and Langkawi (and Jakarta - love your post on that as well).
Keep em' coming.
Take care and Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to you and your two princesses.
Salam mesra from FD & family
Salam FD -- Selamat Hari Raya AidilAdha to you and family too... am glad you enjoyed the postings and hope you'll have a good time visiting the places with your family!!
Take care and hugs from me :-D
Post a Comment