CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Putting on the party-planner hat again!

"I think we should start planning for my birthday party la Mommy...," said Maira Friday night.

Yup, my first-born will turn nine May 20. And she definitely has figured out what she wants for her party!

For starters, she'd like to have a 'handbag cake'. Amboiiii... baru sembilan tahun dah pandai nak handbag, ye??? haha... girls these days. Well, I have that taken care of by Wiz. And I'm sure she's going to come up with yet another masterpiece!!!

Maira wants to invite all her classmates too, but girls only. This is because she's embarrased if the boys see her without her hijab!!! pandai malu!!! (my girls go to an Islamic school and wearing hijab is part of the uniform).

We got ready-made invitation cards at MPH today after their Computertots class. Being a cheap-skate, (haha) I had thought of asking them to make the invitation cards themselves, but remembered that they will have their first term exam next next week and knowing them, they will spend all their time creating, decorating and beautifying the cards and I sure don't want that to happen when they should be doing their revision.

Last year, it was just a quiet birthday for Maira. May 20, 2007 was just 3 months after their daddy's passing and with me still in my iddah, we had a quiet cake-cutting do with some family. This year, she is expecting a PARTY!!!

I have decided that I will let her have the party that she wants. If daddy was around, he'd give in to her, too. And yeah, I will gladly organise everything everytime.

The next two weeks will be a mega-busy time for me on the workfront. We are participating in a world congress -- sort of like the Olympics of the IT world and I anticipate the 'panic state' will start tomorrow onwards!!! hehehe... arrrggghhhh...

Since her birthday falls on a Tuesday, we will have the party on Sunday, May 18 as the following day, May 19 is a public holiday for Wesak. That way, I'll have a day to recover after all that!!!

But you know what? I just found out that we will be involved in a press conference on Wesak Day itself! WHAT??? There goes my rest! Another aarrrggghhhh!!!

On another note, I hope I'll be able to organise something memorable for Maira. Nine days after she turns nine, I will be leaving them two with my mom as I will go on a two-week trip which I have been looking forward to for a loooonnnngggg time now.

May is a busy month for me but come May 29, I hope I would be able to leave everything behind and just enjoy my trip. Insya Allah...

18 comments:

D said...

psstt...(whispering) ok, spill the beans... (where are you going?)

Anonymous said...

heheh...yelahh (am whispering too)...nak gi mana tuh??...hik hik...

MHB said...

d and ladydi -- ada lah... heheh...

Helena said...

hi there...blog hopped from mrs hart...

My no3 is the same age as maira. Tapi birthday party will be next yr. Have fun planning the party.... mesti best nanti kan...

MHB said...

helena -- thanks for dropping by! dunno if 'fun' is what I'll have planning the party... hehe... planning a party biasa2 je... makan2, games sikit2, party packs, some balloons and deco, you know the usual stuff! being a mom of four you know the works!! in any party, it's the company that makes a whole lot of difference, kan???

Anonymous said...

party... best nye... ada apa2 yg boleh tolong ke????

MHB said...

daybab -- GOT!!! wud you like to volunteer to help out with the deco? ;-) you know, the usual balloons and streamers etc...

ms hart said...

Myheartbleeds, that's a good start - Wiz's cake!! We ALL can trust this artist, huh?!! Hugs for her when you meet to collect the cake, eh?

Aaaaannnd...WHERE are you gooooiiiiinnggg???? Nak itot, nak itot?!!! he he he

MHB said...

ms hart -- nak itot?? boleh... hehe...

let's just say I'm going somewhere really special... ;-)

KUSINAR said...

Hi my dearest Kak Tina :)happy seeing you in a high spirit and strong. Love to meet u someday, somewhere. Bulan Mei bz ya? takpelah, lain kali pun ok. Your kids grew beautiful as you are.
Your kindness remain in my mind...

MHB said...

mawarkusinar -- thank you so much for such kind words... nanti kita jumpe, ok?

Anonymous said...

haaa...now i know ur name...Tina, eh??..hehe...don't u worry..i will juz pretend that i tak tau k?..hik hik..

hey, tak nak bgtau nak g mana ek?....i rasa nak guess jugak..UMRAH, mungkin??..well dear, where ever yang u nak pergi for ur trip ni, i will always pray that u'll b sehat and selamat pegi n balik..Insyaallah..

MHB said...

ladydi dear -- who's Tina??? ;-)

thank you for the prayers... doakanlah selamat pergi and selamat baik...

where am I going??? ;-)

kaseh said...

Salam,

How do i start this ya, i datang visit your home malam ni coz u were at my home couple of days ago...I am a very emosional person..air mata i tak henti2 menitis sepanjang i berada di sini. Anda adalah hambaNya yg terpilih diuji dgn ujian yg sungguh hebat...Semoga akan terus tabah menghadapi hari2 mendatang with your 2 princes. Nice to know u walaupun hanya dari dunia blogging ini!

MHB said...

dear kaseh -- thanks for making the kunjungan balas ;-)

Kita semua diuji dengan cara masing-masing... rezeki I diuji sebegini... what can I say, but Allah Maha Mengetahui... in HIM we place our faith and to HIM we surrender...

Nice knowing you too, and you take care!!! (read from your blog that you are preggie with baby #3 ;-)

Anonymous said...

myheartbleeds --> apa theme for the party??? atau free style...

MHB said...

daybab -- oh dear! been so busy tak dak time lagi nak pikior itu semua!!! will let you know ok??

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

I know whatu mean abt not inviting boys. Its getting a bit complicated as my kids will feel funny when they bump into their teachers outside lah. How ye?