I invited Dr. Wan and Nesreen over for lunch Sunday for makan-makan and lepak-lepak. Sort of like jemputan balas after dinner at Dr. Wan's several weeks back.
Cooked nasi tomato, daging bistik and ayam masak merah as requested by the princesses of the house. Also made tomato and mint salad, just to add some Mediterranean flavour to it, instead of the usual acar timun and nanas.
The girls punyalah excited to meet Nesreen for the first time as I told them they could speak Arabic to her -- the very limited vocabulary and phrases that they have learnt in school, that is... But depan Nesreen malu-malu pulak... that's my girls for you -- pemalu macam mommy deruang ;)
Annie could not join us as she is off on some short course on 'relationships'. Annie -- I know you're reading this -- hope the course was beneficial and provided you valuable insight that you could put to good use *wink* *wink* ;)
Dessert was chocolate brownies, thanks to Dr. Wan -- I provided everyone with extra calories in the form of vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce! Yummy!
After lunch, we (minus my girls) went to catch 27 Dresses -- we walked to the movie theatre, which is just across the road to my apartment building.
It was a typical chick flick, a movie to be enjoyed with girlfriends (or drag hubby to!) No suspense, no unexpected ending... but a fun one to watch all the same. I enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada (the screenwriter for 27 Dresses also wrote Devil Wears Prada) much better, though -- stronger characters and better acting there.
Orang punyelah ramai nak tengok wayang kat situ, mengalahkan TGV at KLCC!
Apparently it rained cats and dogs during the time the movie was showing, alhamdulillah by the time we were done, there were only tiny drizzles and we managed to get home without getting wet.
Before the guests left after Asar, the good host served some flavoured tea and cakes ;)



9 comments:
myheartbleeds, aaah..girlfriends, food and a movie...what fun!! Love it!
p/s Saw your stripy roman blind at the kitchen window! Guess what? Just chose that stripy material for the roman blind of our kitchen window!!! Are you sure we are not long lost relation??? ha ha ha
ms hart -- betul kah? OMG... great minds think alike, I guess!!!
You have to promise to post pics of the interior of your pondok, ok? Manelah tau, ntah2 I could spot an item or two that is identical to what I have at home!!
Cooooool!!!!!! I am so in need of a 'girls' day out' - children excluded. Sigh** guess I'd get it soon - in my dreams!
LOL.
d -- I so totally agree that you need one! If I was anywhere nearby, I'd babysit for you!
Food looks yummy!I tengah halfway tengok 27 dresses kat DVD, sambil lipat2 baju. Belum habis lagi :)
amy -- HAAA!!!! Pembeli DVD haram caught red-handed!!! ;)
hi there....i pun suka watch Devil Wears Prada...over n over again..hahaa...but haven't got a chance to watch 27 dresses yet...ari tu went to Ferringhi Walk kat Penang lupa plak nak get myself a copy of the DVD...wink* wink*...
ladydi -- POLIS!!! Dtg tangkap pompuan dua orang ni - amy & ladydi!!! ;) hahaha
hahaha.....$%^*&^&&**(&^%...marah la nih ;)
Post a Comment