CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Laura Ashley vs. Arabian Nights

I received a call from a friend today asking me to help out with the interior decor of her soon-to-be opened beauty centre.

She had approached me months before, seeking my assistance. And now that the place is almost completed, my 'service' is needed :-)

I really have no clue on how to decorate a beauty centre! Sure, I think I can colour coordinate a room, pick out a nice sofa and match upholsteries but that's about it! I do have great interest in interior decorating since I was much younger, but I am biased towards my personal taste and style.

And my style is... ala-ala English country + a bit of Oriental furniture and ornaments. Pretty much Laura Ashely wannabe (wannabe coz' can't afford Laura Ashley, kalau takat Elyza's tu bolehlah!) heheh...

And now my friend is saying she'd like an Arabian/Moroccon theme for her centre. That's a style I'm really not very familiar with! I can appreciate different styles of decor but to 'create' something that is not my style will be a bit of a challenge. Another thing is, I'd have to work around a very limited budget! How ah?

Been googling images of Arab-inspired interior decor but without much luck. I do hope I can help this friend, the self-claimed interior decorating challenged! FYI, I'm helping this friend out FOC.
Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kalau interior design with limited budget... payah jugak. sebab kalau arabian atau morocon, deco nye pakai byk kain. kain pulak, tak leh pakai kain satin and color yg terang2...
payah jugak kan... daybab salute kalau you can manage with limited budget...
p/s: daybab mcm tahu aje kan... wakakakakaka...Birthday Gathering for April will be on 27th, Sunday, Kg Baru, Lunch(exact time..TBA)

ms hart said...

myheartbleeds, hey..at least u know u can afford 'takat Elyza's' - unquote!!! I just chose my curtains and still playing around with the calculator to see if i can really afford them...and it's Elyza's!! ha ha ha How laaaa???!!

Have fun exploring something new, yah??!!

MHB said...

daybab -- thanks for the tip! Ntah lah... still dunno where to start for this project. I suppose I should get one or two items and pick a colour as a focal point and work out a theme from there...

27 April... insya-Allah will be there.

ms hart -- hey, I've seen the pix you posted of your pondok... LAWA! ;) I suppose I can afford Elyza's sebab I live in a rumah burung... the budget for your pondok mestilah berkali2 ganda from my rumah burung nih!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

hi...i guess Arabian theme tu sounds nice tapi the deco mesti costly..but hardwork is needed, to do things yang u tak berapa familiar with kan?...but i rasa if you really interested in doing that...you shud go ahead...kena bnyk recce places or surf the net yang ada theme mcm tu...

but, kalau ur fren sticks to her previous theme (ala2 english country)..mesti kat ur fingertips je kan??..hehe...gud luck!!!

MHB said...

ladydi -- tu la... still no clue nih!