CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

How's it going?

Once a blogger, always a blogger? There were so many entries I had put together in my head but never got to the keyboard. And those that made it to the keyboard never made it out of the draft box.

I'm back to join the many Malaysians who blog!! Did you know that we're second in the world to have the most blogger per person?? We're only second to Japan!! I'm back blogging so that if we fall into third place next year I won't have to blame myself haha.

This weekend will not be so hectic and thank God. Received an sms from mom in Makkah this morning to remind all of us to not ponteng tauhid class tonight. Kesian dia, jauh-jauh pun nak kena remind grown-up kids... wonder what that says about us!! That's exactly what she wrote in the sms -- jangan ponteng kelas!! insya-Allah tak ponteng, mami...

I really don't have much to blog about but nak blog jugak... so I'll just share some photos:

This was today's lunch -- homemade squid, shrimp and carrot tempura...


Below was what we had for dessert @ Eid al-Adha... as mom was not around, I was the head chef!! Main dish included laksa tomyam, nasi tomato with ayam masak merah and acar timun. I also made roti jala with kuah durian, or lace crepe with durian sauce to my sis' Czech friend. She said the kuah durian tasted like paprika!! haha... photos of the food mentioned above tak sempat diambil almaklum head chef sibuk... hikksss

The doughnuts below were made by my daughters for a small gathering the night before sending their grandma off. Yup, they did it all themselves with the help of bibik (the goreng part) while I was at work... and now they want to set up a small stall selling doughnuts!!haha... move over, Krispy Kreme!!

14 comments:

Lily Riani said...

hey! i tot u wanna make me the calamari... ish.... tak jemput.... sob sob..

MHB said...

come over for lunch tomorrow!!

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, MHB! Yeah...let's not have you to be the cause of us falling to no. 3 if you quit blogging. :-)

Qudos to your girls for doing a good job at making doughnuts. They are definitely a lot better cooks than me!

Btw, Krispy Kreme ada kat KL ke? I love their doughnuts.

Kak Teh said...

wow, what a way to start blogging again! sedap2 semuanya. kak teh pun dah malas nak blog, but i will try not to let malaysia fall into third place.

MHB said...

MTT -- thank you for the warm welcome :-) heheeeee... Krispy Kreme had their first outlet in Berjaya Times Square and now also in Megamall, Sunway Pyramid and Concorde. I like Krispy Kreme original glazed donuts best... but I have to tell you that it doesn't taste quite as good as the American ones..

MHB said...

kak teh -- you cracked me up!! hahaaa... nooooo let's not be the cause, yah... heheh

Anonymous said...

Wowweeeee look at those doughnuts! Your girls take after you la. Great job girls! and mummy!

D said...

Ah... another thing Malaysians are good at: MAKAN!!! Bt great cooks are rare, and that's YOU! ;)

Sir Pök Déng said...

Nice photos (I mean, FOODS) here ma'am! Oh I miss "kuih cara". *drooling*

MHB said...

wiz -- they make better donuts than me!!

D -- yes, MAKAN!! and MORE MAKAN!! I happen to know a supergreat cook and she lives in Coventry!! u know her?? :-D

sir -- i find myself trying out more traditional kuehs these days... and kueh cara is the easiest!! when i was in KT last month I bought myself acuan roti jala tembaga from Pasar Payang but the holes were too tiny for the batter to drip smoothly and ended up reverting to the yellow plastic ones!! i had so wanted to make it the traditional way...

Amy said...

Cakap kat Maira and Misha, Aunty Amy nak oder donuts bleh? :). Miss you!

Lee said...

Hi MHB, wow, I learned something today...that many bloggers in Malaysia?
Ya, come to think of it, thats how I discovered blogs....in a Malaysian paper.

Wow, your daughters made those fantastic donuts? I love donuts! I think 4 will be fine with me, ha ha, with iced coffee.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

MHB said...

amy -- I've missed you too!!

uncle lee -- you can have more than four, no problem at all!! but you have to buy us iced coffee, boleh? ;-)

Niza Umar -- nizatulasmar@yahoo.com said...

Hmm m still at work feeling soooo hungry looking the pic. Jomla buat makan 2 - pot luck nak ?