It took me quite awhile to think of a title for this entry that I've decided not to have one at all!! This is, after all, going to be a caca-marba entry.
Health is Wealth. You've heard the saying and you tend to agree with it, but what it really means doesn't quite hit the nail on the head until you’re lying there in bed – too sick to get up, too nauseous to eat, too weak to take a shower, yet not too drained to visit the loo for the umpteenth time!! Yes, I had food poisoning mid-week this week and it was horrible!! The unpleasant effects (of having to visit the loo every 7 minutes!) have gone but am still feeling slightly faint. I swear my eyes are slightly sunken due to lack of sleep and dehydration. Must take lots of fluids!!
I have been away from blogging for quite some time (a friend commented that I shouldn’t wait till Misha turns 9 before blogging again hehe – my last entry was on her birthday on Feb 3). Been busy… work work work and niece’s wedding was last week. Exhaustion. Cousin’s nikah in 10 days and wedding in 2 weeks – the weekends shall continue with visits to SSF and the likes (as a dependable *read berlagak important hik hik* auntie and cousin, I take an active role in helping out with the preparations). I suka pun bab2 persiapan kerja kawin… always loved weddings and thinks that it’s the best thing that can happen in one’s life.
Keje pulak… the cause of my miserable-ness some weeks ago. Alhamdulillah the miserable-ness caused by a not-so-nice-someone-from-some-other-department-who-likes-to-poke-at-other-people’s-work-to- camouflage-his-own-department’s-weakness didn’t last for long… at least I decided that it should NOT. Hate and anger WILL NOT consume me. Even changed my skype avatar to Timon & Pumbaa’s Hakuna Matata. It helped. I am also lucky to have colleagues and bosses who understand. I am blessed.
On the home front, Bibik’s contract and passport have been renewed so domestic help to organise the household is not an issue (at least for the next year). Kids are doing ok in school, I think la. Maira’s Sports day is today from 8am to 3pm (wonder if her turn is up while I’m typing this on a long Friday lunchtime). Only mothers are invited (this is a separate sports day for female students of upper level primary school and secondary school – another sports day will happen for the rest next month). I know Maira wanted so much for me to come but I couldn’t take the day off, what more I was out of the office for two days this week. Sent her off to her BFF’s home this morning – BFF’s mom is taking them to IIUM field and fetching them later. Many moms I know are not able to make it, so I hope Maira doesn’t feel so bad that hers is not around.
I received my first blog award from one Marvellous Mom, pausetoreflect’s D last week. Dear… like I told you, I don’t deserve it laa… malu pulak dapat award tu… it’s also a tag and I’m supposed to tag other mothers… I’ll do an entry on that soon, insya’Allah… (now mentally calculating if I can go back to writing at least 2 entries every 10 days!)
I need a holiday!!! I’ve been busy, no time for fun (but preparing for your wedding was fun, Mya!! ;-) Have made plans for a holiday with kids and cousins and children but that’s in December – lambatnya lagiii!! Made a plan earlier this week with a girlfriend to go for dinner and catch a movie tonight, but think I should just stay home and have a proper rest this weekend (such a grandmother I am!!) Hope A**ie won’t mind.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Posted by MHB at Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Hey, U're Iskandar's sister!!!
Ishkkk pictures of ur daughter did not click until I saw these wedding pitures.
I was a schoolmate of his from SSIJ and on his FB list.
U deserve the award because someone u know thinks u deserves it. Enjoy it.
Hi Aida!
So you guys went to Primary shool together, huh?
Please don't let him know the existence of this blog - I'd like to keep it as private as possible (what am I talking about here?? I'm on the www!! hehe) I mean... I'd feel a little uncomfortable if close family members read about my feelings (I write about it here sometimes)... I need to control macho lah!! haha
thanks for dropping by! ;-)
myheartbleeds..
DayBab tak tahu pon that MHB kena food poisioning... :-(
Thank you very much for everything.. you really helped me a lot. Mentally and emotionally, in a way, u gave me strenght and support.
Ramai yang puji ur cuppies.. nicely decorated! Awesome!!!
Thank you very much...
Hugs and kisses to my 2 cousins..
p/s: Sarah pengsan kepenatan on her way back from KGB to Bukit Jelutong. The next morning baru bangun...
Happy to see you again dear. Please rest a bit more this weekend so that you'll be fully recharged next week, ok? Hugs!
MHB,
Please drop by. Collect your award at my blog ok.
Hi MHB!
Good to have you back!
Nice pics of the wedding. I'm impressed with the deco, especially if you have a hand in it. Not the typical Malay wedding set-up. Truly nice.
Hope you recover soon from the food poisoning. It's awful to have diarrhoea. I've had several times here. Salah makan sikit...habis! Ke toilet lah memanjang..
MHB,
Dropping by for the 2nd time. Now nak bertanya khabar. You okay dah ker? Don't stress yourself to much where work is concerned. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Take care yah!! And go do the award thingy..u deserve it so, so much :)
Hello dear,
Hope you're feeling much better now. Diarrhoea ni needs quite some time to be flushed out of your system (pun NOT intended ;)). You need at least a week to get back to your normal healthy self. Hope you'll get the much needed rest this weekend.
I also have to work on the same tag and I've been sitting on it! You were on my list of taggees actually - because you truly deserve it, dear :)
Take care!
MHB - What a beautiful do of the wedding! Looked so proffesional! All of you could actually do this for a living you know, mcm Shah Rezza tu. Serious!!! I setakat kek je la, yang lain2 tu pengsan tak tau.
Good to have you back. I too have problems giving the title of my next entry. Maybe I will go with your flow.
Hi,
You have an award waiting for you...Please check ou my blog :)
daybab dear, everyone chipped in what we could and we all have one wish for you -- your happiness today and always... ameennn!!
the last-minute pelamin cancellation, the friction with the mak andam and kelam-kabutness made it all wonderfullll!! ;-)
ms hart -- rest I did!! had some 'me' time during the weekend and all rested to face the world again ;-)
kay -- award?? thank you, thank you... terharu laa... malu pun adaaa ;o)
I am ok now... hakuna matata!! :o)
MTT - thanks for the compliments... the table settings were the genius of my sis' cousin... she finished doing all that at 6am, just a few hours before the ijabkabul (ijab kat 9.30am, kenduri at 12.30pm!) everyone pengsan after the wedding!!
wanshana -- I had a good rest last weekend and I vow to give myself some 'me' time at least every couple of weeks... have to belai2 myself also... maklumlah takde siapa nak belai dah ;-)
thanks for the award!! terharulah... I ni mak biasa2 je... with very limited capabilities!!
wiz -- thanks for the compliments... yeah yg khemah deco tu lawa kan... I didn't have a hand in it (tolong sibuk jek).. only did the cake table flower arrangements...
go professional?? maybelah after dah pencen nanti kot hehe
Post a Comment