What are your plans for the long festive holiday? Go Cuti-Cuti Malaysia perhaps? We're just gonnna stay in KL during the 4 day break (the girls' school holiday is only on Mon & Tues). In a way I am glad that the school chose not to go on a week-long school holiday -- sekolah baru sangat start balik.
And the girls have somewhat gotten into their new weekday schedule at home... when I come home from work most days dah start buat homework dah without me having to tell them to -- though ikut mood deruang jugak. Sometimes I do have to remind them, but at least when I mention the word 'homework', they'll immediately go to their room... so my point is, ok lah tak cuti seminggu... nanti momentum lari lagi...
Since we're not going anywhere, I decided to organise Misha's 8th birthday party this Sunday. She'll only turn 8 on Feb 3, but am organising it earlier to take advantage of the long festive weekend. The party kecik-kecik je... more of makan-makan with only close relatives attending.
Since I tengah demam cupcakes (heheh), I had told her that I'd make her fancy cupcakes on a tier for her birthday (she's one of those who is forever planning her birthday party every month of the year -- a day after her party pun dah nak start planning for next year's!!). She was ok with it until she saw a Wilton castle cake mould at a baking supplies store sometime end of 2008.
She begged me to get it but I firmly said no. Reason #1 is that the mould isn't exactly cheap, plus I foresee we won't be using it often after the party (setahun sekali pun ntah tidak!). Secondly, I don't think I can decorate the cake as nice (or nearly as nice) as per the photo and instruction.
She has been sulking ever since. Everytime there's mention about the party, she'll put on a pout and muka kesian, demanding a castle cake. Kesian la pulak...
So on Monday, after taking my car for a visit at the clinic (kereta sakit!), I headed off to Cake Connection @ PJ One. Walau dah kata tak nak beli, my motherly instinct was pleading with myself to turutkan kehendak anak. What I know is, she'll be extremely delighted to know that she'll be getting the cake that she wants. After all, she'll only have an 8th birthday party once... and so I went home with the mould.
Actually, she's been wanting a castle cake for a couple of years now. I made a castle cake for Maira on her 4th b-day (no mould was used -- just my creativity berpandukan Australian Women's Weekly Children Birthday Cake Book) and she's been wanting one like her sis' ever since. (I'll upload a pic of Maira's cake when and if I manage to find it nanti).
Some nights ago, I baked a cake in the mould to see if the cake can detach itself easily... alhamdulillah, ok... the challenge is decorating it with buttercream. Three more days to the party and I'm getting nervous about getting the cake to look like it should when the time comes. I already told Misha, "kalau tak lawa kita tak payah tunjuk orang, ok?" hahaha...Wish me luck!!

22 comments:
all the best sis! should be just a piece of cake for you :-)
tunjuk kite pun tak leh? ;)
i'm sure it'll turn out A-okay!! (insyaAllah, insyaAllah...)
You can do it! How much is the mould ye?
Hi MHB,
I'm sure it will be turn out very pretty indeed. Don't worry.
My demam cupcakes dah gone pulak after learning to decorate them. I still haven't opened the box which I brought home last summer, that contained many baking things. Dah banyak kali kena sindir dah by hubby and kids. Hee..hee..pekak kan telinga only lah!
Please wish Maira Happy Birthday from me. I'm sure you will have a great time at her party this Sun.
MHB,
All the best with the cake, dear.
You know what? I think your cake will be MUCH better than the one you tunjuk here ;)
oooohhh tina! I plak yg excited! :)
I'm sure it'll turn out jus fine. Decorating with buttercream is not that difficult once you get the hang of it. G'luck! :)
ps: Bleh pinjam the cake mould nanti? he he
nanrfz -- don't know bout that!! but thanks for the kata2 peniup semangat!! :o)
D -- (kalau tak lawa) kita tunjuk awak je, ye?? tapi nanti kalau kita decide nak tunjuk kat sini tak semestinya kita rasa lawa, tau!! heheh
mamasita -- I will sure try my best!! the mould cost RM55 -- not that cheap la for my standard...
MTT -- yes, you went for the classes kan?? how come lose interest one?? ntah-ntah your baking tools lebih banyak dari mine?? kalau dekat boleh pinjam!! :-) thanks for the vote of confidence... you're always so kind with your words...
wanshana -- thanks, sis!! belum apa-apa lagi dah kena puji... pressure... pressure!! :o)
Rin -- you are most welcome to borrow it!! just lemme know when ok?? (betul nih!)
the pic of the end product looks soooo kemas just like your cupcakes!! you buat sure lawa, Rin... me?? kita tengoklah nanti!! haha
Please send my birthday hug to maira. And good luck with the cake. Sure jadi punya lahhh
Happy 8th birthday, Misha...
Bestnya dpt cake castle....
Hi MHB,
I tak sabar ni nak tgk the outcome. Mesti lawa... How was the party? Do update. Please wish Misha a happy birthday.
I baked a castle cake once. I told Wardah, lawa tak lawa, kita serve jgk... ;-)
Dear Myheartbleeds,
Dah jadi tak cake tu? Gambar ada?
I pun tak ke mana2 during the CNY break ni. Sekolah kebangsaan cuti the whole week but sekolah agama starts 2moro. The girls dok bising nak buat cupcakes, but their mother was rather malaslah...
Hope the party was great :)
Happy birthday to Misha. Go girl, bake that cake. I am sure it will turn out lovely.
amy -- it's Misha's birthday, not Maira... hehe... yup, jadi tak tak selawa yang diimpikan!!
principal -- thanks, dear... will tell Misha auntie principal said happy birthday. Misha dulupun Q-dess kid gak...
jabishah -- the party was good!! hmmmm your castle cake sure lawaaaa!! Mine turned out ok ok je, but birthday girl happy so that's what matters, right?? :o)
dalam dakapan ibu -- the cake jadi, alhmadulillah!! hehe...
cupcakes? suruh je your anak2 dara you tu buat sendiri adri A-Z... they'll surprise you with their ability, I'm sure!! :o) (but mom may not be thrilled to see dapur berkecah!!)
TM -- thanks for the birthday wish!! cake tu... jadi!! :o)
Post a Comment