
Nasi lemak & ayam goreng kampung breakfast @ mom's on Sunday
No... the nasi lemak wasn't part of the arts and crafts project I embarked on during the weekend, but it did provide the fuel my body needed to perform the multiple tasks!! :o)
I mentioned here before that my niece is getting married next month. We expect it to be a 3S wedding - Sweet, Simple & Superb wedding at home. A wedding to celebrate the union of man and woman, witnessed by family and friends. Nothing extravagant or lavishly spent kenduri kawin kat dewan besar kat hotel.
And so, most of the kerja kawin will be shouldered by family. Food, dulang hantaran, bilik pengantin, bunga telor semua buat sendiri, insya-Allah.
Weddings mesti ada flower girls, kan? And since my two girls termasuk dalam kategori umur budak perempuan yang sesuai untuk jadi flower girls, maka mereka pun termasuk dalam senarai pilihan with four others :o)
If your girl ever became a flower girl, you'd know that mak flower girl pun ada tugas-tugas khas, kan? i.e merias flower girl. So, I took up the job of making the headgear for these flower girls. Cita-cita besar -- nak buat sendiri!! So, off we went to SSF to get the ribbons, flowers, electric hot glue gun and plain velvet covered headbands from Semua House on Saturday afternoon. Nak buat sendiri sebab I told my niece -- ni kalau beli kat Party Princess pun mesti RM29.90... we can save some dough making it ourselves... (konon)
So, after Maghrib on Saturday until 11.30pm I stayed put on the floor making all six headgears. Took me almost four long hours to complete the job!! Sakit pinggang woiiii!! Patutlah Party Princess jual RM29.90!! haha
Next -- baju flower girls. My niece wanted the girls to wear baju kurung and I agreed as it was a more practical attire that can be re-used after the wedding. The last time they became flower girls at my cousin's wedding, my aunt tailor-made white dresses (which weren't exactly cheap) for them. Sadly, they only used it once. Sayang...
My niece tailor-made plain pink baju kurung for each girl and tugas mak flower girl is to do the beading on the neck. I cheated by getting beaded lace which I jahit tampal on the baju. But I tell you, even though it was merely jahit tampal, I had to re-jahit the beads on the lace on the baju as they were already slightly loose... takut nanti bila pakai the labuci and little pearls tercabut pulak!! And since I am such an amateur at this, I spent another three hours on my girls' baju!! phewhh...
Sooo... that's what we're going to attempt to do. FYI, my niece is quite an excellent baker herself... she loves experimenting in the kitchen and her brownies and chicken pie are to die for!!
But we have a problem - we'd need a wedding cake tier. I tengok Wiz punya lawa je... and the plan was to rent from her. But my sugar-highness' cake tier - the one I want to rent dah worn out and Wiz kindly gave me tips to make one myself. Thanks, Wiz!!
Above is the end product - I wonder how the champagne glasses are going to stay put (perhaps use industrial-strength double-sided tape?)
Ah well, we have approximately four more weeks to figure that out!!



27 comments:
MHB,
You are just as gifted with the fingers as many of the bloggers I know, eg Ummi, Waterlily, Zaitgha, Ezza. It is very good to have such gift...I only wish I am as creative.
Good luck with the wedding preparations. The cake tier is indeed lovely!
Hai,
wow you guys are really having fun and making excellent wedding preparations.
Mesti your guests ingat you all panggil professionals!All the fantastic Macgivers at work!!Beautiful!
You did a beautiful job with the tiers MHB, serious! Don't worry the Champagne glasses will stay put. Can't wait to see the end product when everything blends in together.
All the best and have fun.
Whoa, you sure are gifted.
Hey, I tagged you: http://mommythelawyer.blogspot.com/2009/01/tagged-youre-it_20.html
you have a very smart bride-to-be there! yes, the best thing about weddings is preparing for it - you work on creativity and at the same time, the silaturrahim blossoms (err.. it can also go the opposite way, beware!). most of all, you save some pennies and can be proud of the excellent work! enjoy!!
cantik pulak taruk lace kat baju kurung tu..hehehe ni project best ni...
Anak akak pun nak menrima belanja ahad ni..tapi preparation dia macam nak nikah pulak...agak nya dah terover kot!!!
MTT -- thanks for the kind compliments... I guess growing up I've always seen my mom doing these sort of things for weddings... so it is not something so alien to me... but wish me luck for the actual wedding cake!! :o)
mamasita -- thank you, ma'am!! professionals? no lah... amateur only... but we are having fun!! :o)
Wiz -- thanks for the tips, Wizzy dear!! So, no tapes required to hold the glasses eh? Letak camtu je?
I just realised that the tier of yours that I like is a 4-tier... and I made a 3-tier one... it looks less 'grand' a bit I think... tapi takpelah... dah terbuat!!
The real challenge is in making the cakes... pray for me!! :o)
MHB,
Superb... DayBab suka!! Tak sabar nye nak tgk semuanya siap.. for the BIG Day!
The headgears are so lovely... and sweet.
Lace for the baju kurung pon cantik...
Cake tier.. WOW!!! with the simple and delicious cuppies..
memang.. Sweet, Simple and Superb!!
Thank you!!
EFS -- thanks, Ita!! I'm tagged?? Ok... ok... nanti I buat k?
D -- you can't be more right!! I guess a big part of the fun is the 'mengeratkan silaturrahim' part... alhamdulillah so far perkara2 yg tak diingini belum berlaku (I know what you mean!) hehe...
kak ezza -- nanti post gambar ye kak?? Mak orang yang menerima belanja buat baju baru ke?? heheh
congrats to your daughter!!
daybab -- you like?? I'm glad!! do you agree with me on the lace?? it looks good (I think la) and less hassle than to sew the beads ourselves (malas!!) haha
one month countdown for the big day begins in 2 days!! berdebar2 tak?? :o)
MHB,
The lace looks sweet, nice and EXPENSIVE!!! Weekend nanti gi beli kat SSF lerr... Cik Memel kita boleh jahitkan.. hehehehehe..
What?? In 2 days?? Bohong lerr kalau tak berdebar.. But, I know everything will be smooth.. Insya-Allah.
Kan daybab ada para professional.. ;-)
This is lovely. A wedding at home. I SO setuju with having it at home, it's more personal. Boleh gotong royong. Jimat pun iya!
My BIL is planning to get married end of this year. But my in laws said, buat kat Felda sebab leceh buat kat rumah. Hmmm... boring... :( This is the last wedding in the family and I strongly felt it should be done at home). But what to do... kena ikut lah...
Btw, the flower girls punya outfit are really beuatiful. You are so talented!
Yaaaayyyyyyy...and kudos to u..super duper mom and aunty...if i ada aunty like you mesti i ske...hehe...have fun on the wedding day nanti..(eventho penat mesti happy coz all the hard work and family-get-together event like this is priceless)...and to the pengantin..Congrats...
mrsnordin -- bestkan, wedding at home?? I had mine at home too... kalau kat dewan, people come and after makan balik... wedding at home more kecoh, more havoc, more panic hehe... and that's the best part of it all!!
Tak pe mrsN ... your two girls dah anak2 dara belaka... before you know it, you'll have the honour to organise weddings for them at home!! :o)
ladydi -- hehe... bab2 benda creative macam ni I tak kisah penat coz I really enjoy myself and can get carried away... sometimes ter-over excited lebih dari pengantin pun ada!! haha
Wowieeee...boleh buka mini SSF?! You are sooooo talented! Me so hopeless!
ms hart -- mini SSF?? haha... you know, I teringat kat you and Mr Sor (your pre-raya entry) masa I tengok bebunga tu kat SSF tau!!
Wow! So impressive maaa!
The headgears look as if they were professionally made, okay? And the lace/beadingworks on the baju kurung is really sweet :) Can't wait to see everything on the actual day nanti.
By the way, I campur tolak kira bahagi - my eldest daughter will probably get married in 12-13 years time. Can I book you to do the hantarans? ;)
MHB,
You too??? What are families for yes? Baju kurung of the flower girls is beautiful!!! I'm waiting anxiously for ours to be ready. Orang lain yg getting married, orang lain yang excited :)
wanshana -- do the hantarans? Hmmmm... in 12-13 years time I will be so so close to approaching the big five 0... ok, ok... kalau masa tu I decide nak go into this biz, I will cari you, ok?? ;-)
kay -- nampaknya we have 2 mak budak flower girls here yang terlebih excited!! hehe
they are really really gorgeous!
cantikla lace tu..nak buat utk baju raya la..hahahah....tx for the idea..
RSA -- hehe... cantik?? I pun macam teringin je tauuu... :o)
Post a Comment