CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

16 Random facts about moi

My turn pulak to do the tag by wanshana (sorry lambat sikit, ok... but I know Puan Pensyarah tak kisah, kan... Puan Pensyarah pun tengah bersukaria bercuti bersama keluarga tercinta, sure tak de time nak mark assignments, kan?) :-)

Actually this tag is quite timely considering it is the end of the year - both the Hijri calendar as well as the Gregorian calendar... in other words, time to reflect la...

However, I'll do that in another entry (maybe)... this one's just for fun (and a lil' nostalgic for me)

So here goes in no particular order…

  1. I am still trying to figure out who I am. I mean, my higher purpose in life – what I was sent here for….
  2. I hate my nose… haha… well, I guess I don’t hate it now as much as I did when I was a young girl. You can say I dah redha (to quote ms hart)… heheh. But seriously, I truly hated that feature on my face!! It is very ‘fleshy’… in other words, kembang semangkuk!! I got it from dear dad… but it looks so much better on a man with such a strong personality like him than on a shy little girl!! Everytime I meet my parents’ friends/relatives for the first time, they’d tell me… ikut rupa bapak dia… and I KNOW what they were referring to!!Oh no!! But I’ve come to terms with it now… Alhamdulillah… dengan hidung ni lah jugak dapat bernafas dan menghirup udara segar… eheheh
  3. I once fell really really ill yang couldn’t even open my eyelids – it was spring break 1995. There was a flu outbreak on campus days before spring break. I was staying at the dorms at that time. Spring break came and all dorm residents went back to their hometowns leaving me all alone on my floor. A friend who lived off-campus decided I’d be better off staying at her place. She came to pick me up in the afternoon and I was soooo weak, I crawled down the stairs!! Tak tipu, ok?? Sampai rumah dia, I slept and only woke up 48 hours later… tak bangun2, tak makan2… percaya tak??
    There's a funny incident that went along with me being sick -- a couple of hours before my friend came to pick me up, I was on the phone with then boyfriend (later hubby – he graduated a year earlier and was working back home). Bila dah demam-demam tu nak ler manja sikit kan… so we were on the phone for quite a bit… then he told me to put the phone down la sebab nanti sakit pulak nak bayar AT&T… I ni merajuk la pulak… cakap kat dia, I yang nak bayar… bukannya collect call… last last we put down the phone laa… but dia tau la I ni merajuk.
    I guess I passed out after that until my friend came to pick me up. Two days later, when I got back, my answering machine sampai habis satu tape with, “I am so sorry… please pick up the phone..”, “I’m so sorry… please talk to me…”, “Please pick up the phone… I need to hear your voice bla bla bla..” hahaha… kelakar gile… so I called him and said, I sakit laa… why you so dramatic?? Hehe. Kesian… all the while he was thinking I was merajuking gila2… I was actually asleep and not thinking about him at all!!
  4. Lagi cerita nostalgia – I once totaled my car in an accident, also in 1995. I still have the scar to show for it. Was driving on the highway and out of nowhere, a car passed through and as I was speeding, I hit the car and made a 360 degrees turn!! It happened in a split second and all I remembered was, suddenly I was looking down on my lap and I saw blooddddd!! Then I looked up the mirror and saw blood on my forehead!! I must’ve hit my head on the steering wheel while the car was turning – and the wound was along my hairline. Apa lagi, menjerittttt la!!
    People quickly pulled their car over and offered assistance. I still remember this – it was an afternoon in fall and a young couple came with blankets they took from their carboot… immediately after, the paramedics came. I was put on a stretcher and that was when I started crying, thinking…. this must be serious, man… I am on a stretcher bagai and they put the white collar thingy around my neck… yang menyayat hati nya, right before we left the site in the ambulance, I heard people fussing over the stuff in my car … then the paramedic guy (I still remember how he looked like – blondie with longish hair) came in and showed me a ring they found on the floor of the front passenger’s seat of my car – “is this yours?”.. I said yes… and he put the ring on my finger – I was wearing that ring boyfriend gave me two summers before – it must’ve tercampak during the accident!!
    You know why yang sedih sangat?? Because just the day before when I was chatting on the net with boyfriend… I, girlfriend yang ngada2 ni tanya ler benda2 yang trivial… alah you know, yang kalau jawab A pun merajuk, jawab B pun merajuk… hahaha. So when he told me something yang I rasa macam dia bagi jawapan untuk memuaskan hati I… I told him, “ok… kalau you tipu, esok I accident”… tak saying mulut, kan… honestly… I can’t remember what the silly Q&A was – that was how trivial it was!! But yeah… be careful what you wish for!!
  5. I ni bukanlah orang yang banyak cakap sangat, but sometimes when I start, I can’t stop… i.e baru # 5 tapi dah panjang giles dah yang I type… anyone still reading ke tu?? Yoo hoo!! Anybody home?? :o)
  6. My dad was 53 years old when I was born and by the time I was in school, he was already an old man with platinum hair. Friends used to ask me if he was my grandpa!! I was very much aware of how old he was… so each time I pass by his room when he’s taking a nap (the door would always be open) I’d pause for a few minutes to see if his tummy was going up and down or not. Once satisfied, I’d walk by… You could say I was afraid he’d die coz he was old. Syukur, my dad lived until he was 84 and saw both my girls being brought in this world. Ironically, I married a guy only 2 years older than me… he was 28 when our first-born came to this world, but Allah Maha Mengetahui…ajal datang tak mengira usia…
  7. Tiap-tiap malam I tidur bersempit-sempit on my Queen-sized bed with the two girls… they have refused to sleep in their own room ever since their daddy passed away.
  8. I can’t believe I baru at #8!! Ok. I’ll make the rest short and sweet!!
  9. I ni jenis ketegaq (degil) and sometimes keras hati, tho’ cepat tersentuh, emotional and sensitip. Dual personality!!
  10. I am very the lazy at beauty maintenance – you know how some people have different types of creams for different body parts – I just can’t be bothered!! I still have lotions from 2002 in my bathroom cabinet yang beli tapi tak pakai2!!
  11. I have recurring dreams about my late hubby. I miss him dearly.
  12. I used to pray that God would reunite me and my best friend in heaven, but I now find myself praying for him to be elevated in Firdaus, tak kisahlah if I’m with him or not. In heaven, everyone is happy. He deserves to be happy with or without me. I redha if he's there with some bidadari syurga and not me. Again, Allah Maha Mengetahui.
  13. Back to #11. I miss my best friend dearly. He was my soulmate, my confidante. I have so many things bottled up inside of me, my heart feels like its going to burst sometimes.
  14. I was one of Female Magazine’s 50 Most Gorgeous in 2003 (despite the nose!! hahaha)… tak taulah macamana boleh terpilih… bet the editorial team nyesal tak sudah after the mag went on the newsstands hehe
  15. I sometimes takut nak tulis benda2 yang sangat emotional on my blog for fear readers would think I nak mintak simpati etc… sebenarnya jauh sekali... I know I am fortunate in many ways. Sometimes I write just to document my feelings at a certain time -- to humble myself when I re-read it later. I started the blog as an outlet to write my inner feelings or even benda2 trivial yang membosankan – hence the title My Monologues, but somehow ada pulak yang sudi membacanya (thank you!!)… alhamdulillah, I’ve received only positive moral support from all of you… but yeah… I still try to pick my words carefully.
  16. I am still married.

So there... :-)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum sister MHB,

Selamat menyambut tahun baru hijrah dan semoga segala uruskan dipermudahkan di tahun baru yang mendatang. Amin.

Warmest regards
FD and family

D said...

Babes, I read every word - even after No.16 "So there... :-)". LOL!

Rasa nak komen semua but I'll be selective la... So, only 3:
No.9 - not dual personality at all. One is actually the reason to the other. The emotions make you become like that. HeHe

No.14 - Oh WOW!!! Nanti tunjuk I copy of the mag eh... Tak heran la babes, sungguh tak heran! (don't tell me you're like Jeniffer Aniston or the other Holywood babes la?!) - again, double LOL!!!

No.15 - Sama la kita! When I write, they're usually reflections - sharing my thoughts aloud. But dont be surprised that there may also be traces of exaggeration or fabrication! ;)

wanshana said...

Thanks for doing the tag, dear :)

Errr...Puan Pensyarah tak pergi bercuti di mana-mana la... Cuti dua minggu, tapi dok kat rumah buat spring-cleaning...(dan masih tak sudah-sudah!)

Wow, Female's 50 Most Gorgeous?! LAAAGI LAH WE ALL MAKCIK_MAKCIK BLOGGERS BEGHATOQ NAK JUMPA YOU!!!

And we have a few things in common, dear - #5, #9 and #10 :)

Selamat Menyambut Tahun Baru Hijrah :)

kay_leeda said...

MHB,

Wahh...lots of similarities kita. The ketegaq part we are same. The longggg distance love with then boyfriend now hubby pun same (menang kaya raya AT&T those days!!). The malas nak sapu-sapu lotion also same.

Well, sis..there you have it, next Makcik Blogger meet you must try to be there!!

Selamat Menyambut Maal Hijrah to you & family too.

p/s tumpang lalu MHB, oohh Puan Professor in town. Alamak, assignment saya belum buat daaa...

MHB said...

Wassalam sis FD -- it's always nice to have you around!!

Thanks for the new year wish... ameen to all your du'as... and I have the same wish for you and your family too...

You know, you are what my cake wizard friend Wiz said about "the power of doa ibu2 seluruh dunia untuk kesejahteraan my family and I"... she is right... I am so blessed.

MHB said...

D -- amboiii... gelak kuatnya tang #14 tuuu!!! hahaha... I pun tergelak2 ni tauuuu... I know... sungguh tak seswai!! hahaha

nanti when you're back home & datang umah I tunjuk ek?? hahaha

MHB said...

wanshana -- adoiiii, I shouldn't have put #14 on!! hehe... nanti ada expectation lak... I am actually the antonym of gorgeous!! LOL...

Lainlah Puan Pensyarah tuuu... still maintain the bod after 3 kids... still jelita... :-)

MHB said...

kay_leeda -- hehe... you pun long distance love gak ke?? Napelah tak de skype phone masa tu kannn...

The malas sapu2 lotion tu has got to stop la, now that umur sudah meningkat!! btw I got some new lotions over christmas break tapi sampai sekarang haram tak sentuh lagi!! (not funny!!)

Anonymous said...

ur # 6 tu macam match with me masa arwah my dad ada lagi...seriouss...betull...and he left us when he was 81...and i love him to bits...

ur # 10 tu kan...hehe...kes tak buang cream tu mesti sebab sayang..kan?? or maybe the bottle is just too cute to throw away kan??..hehe..tu kalau i laa..hehe..

# 14..hehe...nak la jugak that copy...

and # 3...siannyer ur boyfren masa tu..mesti dia wished that he cud b there wth u kan?..

apa2 pun semek...u are one nice lady and i believe people who knows u love u just the way u are...(there's no kembang semangkuk etc etc k...hehe)

MHB said...

LadyDi -- thanks for un-kembang semangkuking me!! hahaha...

creams yang tak buang tu sebab sayanglah dah belikan.. and also kot2 lah dah datang semangat rajin pulak... they say old & expired creams tu letak je kat your dry feet... prob is nak buat tu pun malas!! tak leh nak nolong la kannnn...

tireless mom said...

Dear MHB

I think you were shortlisted 50 Most Gorgeous Female sbb your nose kot? If I were you, dun think I can start a blog cos tak de masa sebab hari hari akan menangis dok ingatkan arwah. You are such a strong person, girl.

the principal said...

i love my nose but I hate my forehead. dr kecik sampai besar - so wide. My face square shape, pakai tudung baru nampak bujur sikit...

50 Most Gorgeous? Wow! u shd be proud of yourself coz kalau ada 50 million most gorgeous, nama I mungkin x dlm list tu...(sigh)

MHB said...

TM -- haha my nose... my beauty mark.. NOT!!!

"Hari-hari nangis teringatkan arwah" -- been there, done that, sis!! it only pulls me down... :-( blogging is a diversion and so far it has been positive :-) thanks to peeps like you, my readers...

MHB said...

principal -- ma'am, you lawaaaaa la!! bawak bersyukur byk2!! :-D

like I commented earlier, nyesal lak letak that 50 most gorgeous fact -- nanti when you all finally get to se me, sure cakap, "Tipah tertipuuuuu!!!" hahaha

ms hart said...

MHB dearest....banyak nya sama...(nak-nak part cream-cream tuuuh...tak kossaaaa, kan???) EXCEPT that 50 gorgeous ones, OF COURSE!!!! hahaha..Tak meraso lah den!! High time you suruh publisher tu reprint magazine tu kalau ada lagi, ya....makcik bloggers je dah berapa copies dah tuuu....peminat2 setia you kat sini lagi....haaa...order, jangan tak order, ok?!:)

Yang I ingat, I saw your wedding ke, or was it your princess' cukur jambul, or was it both occasions - kat TV...Nona, was it? And kat magazines...I was saying, eh, adik ni...I know her, lah, I know her...oh, terujanya saya!!! Pas tu fikir, how lah to get in touch dengan dia ni? Last2 diam aje se-hing-ga-laaaaah selamat sampai ke blogland!!! Alhamdulillah...mujur sama2 memory baik punyaaa!!! Hugs!!

MHB said...

ms hart -- you're disillusioned laa... mana I pernah masuk tv hahaha... but yeah, my wedding photos were in 3 mags and also during my first-born's cukur jambul.

Orang kata kalau dah jodoh tak kemana kan... I mean jodoh friendship kita ni... God works in mysterious ways... one of my wish list for 2009 -- to see you!! ameen... :-)