CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Ramblings...

Seems like it's been awhile since I've posted an entry here... and now, where should I begin?? Hmmm...

For starters, I'm home alone on Boxing Day -- the girls are at my sis' place with their cousins and nieces and nephews -- sent them yesterday evening. They'll be there till tomorrow (the phone just rang -- they are off to the Bird Park -- sis said must go there coz Clinton was just there recently and mesti the place had been spruced up nicely !! :-D

Had lunch at a dear friend's place yesterday. She cooks the meanest nasi briyani, I tell you!! I ate soooo much, I am still full from yesterday's lunch!! Thanks for having us and like I said you are one courageous woman (that's why we're friends ;-). And your kids are a-dore-able!! (campur Arab la katakan...) Next time, I'm taking Hafsah home, ok?? :o)

I'll be on leave till 4th Jan -- yeay!! But I do need to come in a day next week -- will probably do that on 30th.

On the to-do list today : car needs to be sent for it's regular maintenance (a month overdue!!) and I need to go get the girls' schoolbooks.

Bibik is taking a 6-day break starting Saturday -- she's going to Kota Tinggi, Johor to visit her aunt. Good news is, she's agreed to renew her contract for another year and thaaaat is a huge relief. She's been with us for two years now and alhamdulillah, so far so good. She has stopped asking for a handphone though my mom's maid told me a couple of months ago that she would only consider renewing her contract if I were to allow her to get a handphone. Amboiiii.... some demand kan?? Of course, I put my foot down -- no handphones!! I just don't like this maid+handphone business. Nak call kampung, she can use the house phone anytime. I've seen relatives' maids with handphones -- asyik ber-sms je even when minding the kids. I cannot la...

Well, I gotta go do the things on my to-do list y'all... btw sis Shana, thanks for the tag -- nanti I buat ok?? promise :o)

Enjoy the hols, everyone!!

14 comments:

ms hart said...

Glad to hear from you! Have a good break too, ya.

wanshana said...

I agree with you on the maid and handphone business tu... A BIG NO NO!

Enjoy the much needed long break!

Recharge and come back with a BANG for 2009!

* Don't worry, take your time on doing the tag. Tapi, kalau submit lambat sangat, tak dapat markah bonus macam makcik bloggers yang dah submit their assignments so far, okay? Hehehe!

madame blossom said...

on leave sampai 4th january?! waaaaah enjoy betul? :p My leave ni.. macam tak banyak sangat.. kena berjimat cermat.

have a great day!

MHB said...

ms hart -- thanks, sis!! can't believe I'm off work for more than a week!! yahoo!! :-D

MHB said...

wanshana -- am glad someone agrees with me on the handphone+bibik tu!!

2009 -- just around the corner, kan?? insya-Allah, looking forward to it!!

* ok, Puan Pensyarah... I try to submit assignment before tahun baru, ok?? can still be on Dean's list or not?? hehe

MHB said...

madame blossom -- yeah, I can't believe I am on long leave!!

you have a great day too and Salam Ma'al Hijrah!!

the principal said...

My MIL so lenient dgn bibik. Pernah we had to tolong belikan bibik top up. My husband was so pissed off....

kay_leeda said...

MHB,

Briyani..I know what you mean, so good and yet so sinful!! With so many weddings over this weekend, how lah not to??

Well, you have a good break. Take it easy yah, and Selamat Menyambut Maal Hijah to you & family.

[[[[Huggssss]]]

mamasita said...

Tu photos your friend's anak2?Oooh!Semua ada big adorable eyes.

Have a nice break and be happy ye?
Happy New Year to you and your little darlings plus your mum!

Jangan lupa list down a few 'new' New Year resolutions!Yang tahun lepas punya kena carry forward kalau belum selesai!hehehe

Anonymous said...

Waaaaa cuti lamanya! Jomkiter gi makan ayam bali nak MHB? Tapi kat mana yer nak cari ayam bali? he he he.

wiz

MHB said...

the principal -- ye ke?? I guess lain orang, lain caranya... as long as it doesn't backfire dah lah!

MHB said...

kay_leeda -- (((( hugs back )))) bestnye dapat hugs out of the blue camni!! :-D

you ni macam tau2 je... you know, when I get stressed at work, sometimes I'd go to a close colleague and dengan tak malunya ask for a hug!! I miss getting hugs!!

MHB said...

mamasita -- thank you, ma'am!!

Happy New Year to you, too... memang banyak pun 2008's resolutions yang tak tergapai!! Memang kena carry forward la nampaknya!! hehe

MHB said...

wizzy wiz!!

Ayam Bali tu rasanya kat negeri Hang Tuah kot baru boleh dapat... hehe