CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

My emotional turbulence

"Life is a rollercoaster... just gotta ride it", so says Ronan Keating. Now, who can deny it, right?

It's just that I wish I could be off that roller coaster ride for now. Enough madness and mayhem. Can I go for the safe and sound teacup ride, now? Please... pretty, pretty pleaseeee???

It's been a crazy week. I had to work through the weekend. It doesn't help that I'm feeling a little (lot!) under the weather now (plus body ache everywhere - a sure sign of aging). Came home from KK tonight to find my girls not exactly in the pink of health either. Must be the weather (what else is there to blame on?) Hope all three of us get better soon. Insyallah, we'll be off to Jakarta on Tuesday for a 'lil vacation and bonding. My mom will be with us, too. The truth is, I am not exacty thrilled at the prospect of having to unpack and pack my suitcase again. I am tired. I am sick. I need my baby...

I have been missing him so much these last couple of days. More than ever. Outside my consciousness, I find tears rolling down my cheeks at the most inappropriate times!! While ordering lunch, buying a train ticket or talking on the phone with the boss... I just lost it!!

As usual, at times like these, the crazy me sent him text messages on his now-defunct mobile number -- I miss you or I just had dinner with so and so or I'm boarding the plane now...

The tears rolled down again the moment my plane landed and I turned on my mobile. No more "welcome home, yayang" text messages from him.

In the taxi on the way to the airport this evening, Michael Buble's Home was on. Apa lagi... meleleh la...

I so want to be home again... back home in his arms...

Home
Michael Buble

Another summer day
has come and gone away
In Paris or Rome...
but I wanna go home...mmm home

I may be surrounded by a million people
I still feel all alone
just wanna go home...I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you,
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?
I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that...

Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I'm lucky I know
but I wanna go home
I got to go home

Let me go home
I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I'm living someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
when everything was going right

And I know just why you could not come along with me
This was not your dream but you always believed in me...

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
in either Paris or Rome
...and I wanna go home

Let me go home
And I'm surrounded by
A million people
I still feel alone
Let me go home...I miss you , you know

Let me go home
I've had my run baby, I'm done
I gotta go home
Let me go home...

it'll all be alright...
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home

10 comments:

lilinbiru said...

i am on the same boat as u are now. tears are definitely at wrong time of the day. i dont think i can survive september.

MHB said...

sis lilinbiru dear -- no matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to escape from being an emotional wreck at times, huh? let's hope these phases are short and spaced.

you will survive September, insyallah. what choice do we have?

Anonymous said...

hang on there dearie...may Allah gives you the strength u need most..take care...

nanrfz said...

wish there's sthing i can do/say to make you feel better. I pray Allah swt will help you to go through this phase, whenever it comes.

D said...

i know, i know... believe me (though you wont really!), I'm in a worse position than you! betullllll... nanti kalau sempat boleh jumpa second round and buka cerita episode 2. Hehehehe..

tak pe, kita text each other when we're feeling down ya? both of us can be silly. it doesn't matter

wanshana said...

Like nanrfz, I wish I could do and say something to ease the pain and make you feel better. Berat mata memandang, berat lagi bahu memikul, I know...

If doing what you're doing -texting messages, dropping tears here and there, every now and then, somehow help you deal with the sadness somewhat, then by all means, just continue doing it, okay? Just hang in there...

I hope you and your girls will get well soon!

madame blossom said...

I can't imagine how you must be feeling.. but I'm sure it's worse that whatever worse I've been thru.

i THINK (only) that when u let yourself cry - you would feel a wee bit better, insyaAllah. So let the tears flow, when they need to lah.. don't feel silly.

And always try to remember also :

"And most certainly shall We try you by means [125] of danger, and hunger, and loss of worldly goods, of lives and of [labour's] fruits. But give glad tidings unto those who are patient in adversity,
who, when calamity befalls them, say, "Verily, unto God do we belong and, verily, unto Him we shall return."

2:155-2:156

So, may Allah SWT grant you strength and patience. insyaAllah.

:)

Amy said...

Oh sis! I wish i know what to say. I agree with others. *hugs*

Leney said...

hi sis,
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. It hurts, I know...but God doesn't give challenge that we can't handle...

MHB said...

ladydi -- thank you dear, you're a sweetheart as always...

nanrfz -- thank you for the prayer. I need that. Hope you are keeping well too...

d -- betul ke??? ok lah, I percaya... ya, let's text each other when we're down, ya? tapi mahal sket la bila you balik UK!!

wanshana -- thanks, sis... and we are feeling much better, alhamdulillah...

madame blossom -- thanks for the tips and the du'a... may God bless you

amy -- you don't have to say a thing, but I want to say thank you for being a friend!

leney -- thanks for dropping by. Yes, I am always thankful to God for loaning him to me... I feel so blessed for that.