CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Rambutan picking

It's rambutan season again and it's rambutan picking @ grandma's for the girls!!!


This is the good ol' rambutan tree that has faithfully served our family for many many years. I think it was already there when we moved there some 32 years ago.

When I was a young girl, my two cousins Baby and Uni and I used to climb and sit on the tree. We called ourselves "the secret three on a tree"... masya-Allah that was ages ago...

The rambutan is yellow in colour and I was just told by a colleague that it's called rambutan gading. Hehe... I just found that out!

Look at the beautiful fruits!!!

The girls had fun plucking 'em fruit... they didn't climb the tree, but instead kena dukung by my bro...

Rambutans, anyone?

9 comments:

Helena said...

yup..... musim dah is here again. Last weekend, there was a durian feast at my in laws.... hehe and mata kucing too..... rambutan pun ada tapi macam tak menjadik sangat....

Your rambutans are mouth watering la..... *slurp* hehe

Helena said...

typo...musim buah....

Anonymous said...

Best nye rambutan dah boleh makan... hari tu hijau lagi. Tak payah susah2 nak panjat pokok, petik aje... Geram tgk rambutan tu tergantung atas pokok..

MHB said...

helena -- durian and mata kucing?? Two of my favs... terliur la...

MHB said...

daybab -- datanglah rumah nenek!! Cepat sebelum kehabisan!! ;-)

Amy said...

I've always prefered rambutan gading than the red ones. I had this one tree kat belakang rumah. This year tak berbuah pun lagi...bila tah nak berbuah..it is super sweet and huge. Yummy

MHB said...

amy -- me too!! ;-)

Waterlily said...

Hi Myheartbleeds

Salam perkenalan...am new to your blog. I like what I see and enjoy your postings especially this one on rambutans! Reminds me of the pokok rambutan di tepi rumah parents I yang dah kena tebang :( Theirs were yellow rambutan trees too... :(

Enjoyed the pics too..anyway, If you dont mind..I've to linked your blog to mine..

MHB said...

Salam perkenalan to you too waterlily! I will check out your blog... and of course you can link me...