CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A cherished friendship

The friendship which developed over our similar loss brought my two girls and me over to D's abode last weekend.

We were greeted by D's 'lil boy who opened the gate for us with his cheeky smile. We then saw a glimpse of Princess who quickly dissapeared as fast as she appeared before us. Much later, the two handsome twins came downstairs. D's sweet little angels are shy indeed...

I remember finding pausetoreflect on the eve of the first anniversary of my late hubby's passing in February this year. And boy, was I glad. I had been 'searching' around the blogsphere for stories of young widows in general, with whom I can identify and share stories with...


And there she was -- a recently widowed mother of young children... and exactly my age!! How can I not identify with her??

Thank you, D for having us over... thanks for lunch and the jamuan makan before and after!! Hope we did not overstay our welcome... hehe... Above all, THANKS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP!!

thanks for the lovely gift... luv it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sukanye dengar both of u dah met each other...well, keep the friendship blooming u guyssss....i will always pray for both of you (n family)...

take care...** bestnye gi jakarta kan???...next time ada rezqi i nak pi jugaklah...mcm best je tempat sopping berhantu tuh!! hehe...**

p/s:- am counting the days now...tick tock tick tock...

wanshana said...

I'm a silent reader of D's blog (but, I did leave a comment here and there every now and then), and I have the utmost respect for her, and you.

I'm glad that the two of you have become friends, and dido'akan that you'll find the comfort and strength in each other not just in reflecting your lives but also in paving the way for the future.

God bless the both of you, and anak-anak.

Waterlily said...

Hi there

Looking at the pics of your lovely daughters, I am sure you will find strength in yourself to make sure life will be meaningful to them and to you too. And what better way than to find a friend who understands, that you can share the same story with.

My do'a for both of you and your children too - for happiness and contentment always.

lilinbiru said...

later we also can meet up plak..going there on 15th. be back by 16th august.

MHB said...

ladydi -- tick tock tick tock?? hehe... tunggu ye...

MHB said...

wanshana -- thanks for the kind words... yeah, now is actually the beginning of the rest of my life. The past is today's memories and insyaAllah, He will grant me the strength and imaan to face whatever that may come my way.

I must tell you, it makes me feel embarrassed to receive such praises sometimes... for I am just a weak human being manouvering my way in His world...

Appreciate the kind words and thank you for the du'a...

MHB said...

waterlily -- thank you for the du'a and may He grant us, all that is best for each of us...

MHB said...

lilinbiru -- yes! but you'll be here for one day only?? what's your email add?

lilinbiru said...

my email : leng893@yahoo.com

D said...

It was wonderful meeting up with you and your own princesses too! And, GLAD that you liked the little gift of mine. I managed to grab some to give especially to blogger friends. Each would represent the personality I think the new owner would have. So, hope that ONE shoe will fit you perfectly!

MHB said...

d -- all I can say is thanks for the friendship!! ;-)