CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

LOVE & CINTA

I saw the billboard of LOVE when my car stopped at Jalan Maarof's traffic light yesterday on my way to a function in Eastin.

Didn't think much of it, as judging from pics of the actors, I thought it's just another teenage-love Indo movie. Am not a fan (my first and last of that kind was HEART -- zzzz... yawned all the way!!!)

Then, I saw Kabir Bhatia's name on the billboard... and suddenly remembered that while changing channels on the radio earlier, heard Fafau interviewing Acha Septi-something on the movie LOVE, said to be a remake of CINTA.

Now, I loved CINTA!!! Watched it three times!!! And twice in the same day!!!

First went to watch it with my friend Rose. Three hours later, went to watch it with hubby (called him immediately after I got out of the theatre the first time and told him, "we have to watch this movie together!!!")

The third time went with a few of my girl cousins.

LOVE opens Thursday, 24 April. Think I will call Rose to go see this together.

9 comments:

ms hart said...

Myheartbleeds, now now now....I too LOOOOOVE CINTA!!! Ok ok, one day must really sit down and see what else we have in common, eh?!!! ha ha ha..Hey, if only we are near...bestnya...! Am sure I'll be the noisy one, and you the sweet and 'good girl' one...he he ..that's the image of you that sticks to my mind from those workshop days, y'know!!

MHB said...

ms hart -- yup!!! why must you live some 200km away??? never mind, we must meet jugak soon when you come to kl, ok?? 'Good girl' image -- hahaha... that is so farrrrneeeee!! But I don't remember you as being loud and noisy, you know... you were actually 'seorang kakak yang baik'!!!

EFS said...

truth be told, i can't say i am a fan of malay movies. i am quite selective - until they show it on TV la. But Cinta was highly recommended by a colleague - and he was right. I cried buckets. Wonder if the indo version will give the same impact.

MHB said...

efs -- you know, I have an inkling that LOVE won't live up to CINTA. But I will go see it anyways, and keep my expectations low. Who knows I may be surprised???

D said...

hehehe... read the last comment you wrote up there: 'keep my expectations low'. That is so typical of me!! I hate putting hopes too high and then, woooooosh, being disappointed. I know the songs in Love are good, dunno about the movie. Apa lagi crita melayu best kat sana? not a fan really, tapi i do try to check out those most talked about!

Anonymous said...

hi there...i love CINTA too...that time my hubby was away in the middle east for 6 months...

i was preggo at that time (7mths +)tapi gagahkan juga kaki ini membawa perut..hahaha...n went to watch the muvi with my friend..gud malay muvi n cried buckets too (lagi2 scene rita left shidee for her new love (how cud she, kan???) n oso time the old alzheimer man (forgot his name) lost his way in the middle of the busy road..(OMG!!!..teringat arwah my father..old n frailed..he left us when he was 79 yrs old n i was in my confinement (20th day to be exact..))..sob sob...

LOVE??..hey, we all shud go n watch this muvi huh!!!...(mcm la sumer ni neighbour kan???) heheh...

MHB said...

d -- yup, I just hate being dissapointed too!! I pun bukan kaki cerita melayu... the last one I watched was CUCI, with Hans Isaac & Afdlin Shauki itupun sebab orang ajak. And the last one before that was CINTA la..

MHB said...

ladydi -- wow, a lot of CINTA fans out here...

Yup, the most heart-wrenching moment for me was when rita left shidee and the scene where he had his daughter in his arms and it was raining heavily outside... memang syahdu!!! and then when he sent their daughter over to her new home... the little girl can really act la...

I would most probably catch LOVE next weekend!!

Anonymous said...

myheartbleeds, GO n catch LOVE...n do post ur entry here...hehee...i need ur review n critics ;)

btw, this afternoon..am gonna catch Over Her Dead Body (eva longoria) with my fren @ sunway...hope it's gonna be fun..

p/s: my frend in DC, US told me that PS I love u muvi was good...(sure they all godek the jalan cerita kasi bagos kan??..hehe..)