CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

P.S. I Love You continued...

I am writing this entry following a comment made by LadyDi on this book, which I had earlier wrote about in this blog. Read my old entry here.


Di, the book was a big dissapointment for me! That's why I didn't make any follow-up entries on it. Felt it wasn't worth blogging about heheh.

The first page was hard for me as the writer went about describing her late other half i.e no longer able to run her fingers thru his hair etc. That memang sedih! I cried and put the book down sebab tak tahan.

Picked it up again on another occasion and read about 2 or 3 more chapters je... got bored. I was not amused. It was about a woman (whose personality is a bit childish, I felt) who is so lost. It was pathetic. You know, the usual B-movie scene on made-for-tv movies where a friend makes a surprise visit to a newly-widowed woman and found her house in a mess, soiled dishes everywhere in the kitchen, empty fridge etc.

I bought the book thinking that by reading it, I could connect to someone who was recently widowed. To see if indeed what I was going through is what other young widows out there are experiencing as well. I thought I could gain some strength from the book.

I was so wrong.

Well, honestly I didn't finish reading the book, so with due respect, this is just my personal comments on the first, perhaps 1/3 of the book.

I know why I didn't enjoy the book -- I had such wrong expectations of it. I had turned to the wrong literature for comfort.

I then opened my copy of the meanings and interpretation of the holy Quran. I found my answers there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

babe...i thought so too...very boring...and "jalan cerita tersangat slow kan???"...too many characters...which after awhile...i was so confused...after reading about 1/3 or so, i closed the book and til now i don't feel like flipping the pages anymore...I like reading, so the very next day..i got myself a copy of The Undomestic Goddess (frm sophie kinsella) so, CECILIA AHERN...you need to buck up ;-)

p/s: what you did (wth Holy Quran) was good.."Tak ada yang baik selain menghambakan diri padaNya kan?.."

btw, i worked with DigiCert S/B (PA to the CEO) @ TPM for few years..and always dealing with azah (rafique's sec) back then..dunno whether she's still there..

Take care dear...-Di-

Anonymous said...

just 2 share something here.haritu watched Ar-Rayyan-special for maulud nabi(oasis).Dr Fatma Zahra ckp lebih baik berzikir guna jari-jemari kita instead of tasbih sebab jari2 tu akan menjadi saksi kita di akhirat.wallahualam.saya hanya menyampaikan...

mm

ms hart said...

Salam to you, HEART (bleeds no more, please!). Hey, I love everything about your blog,lah! So sweet! I think we have the same taste - browsing thru your love for Cameron Highland, the English garden, the flowers...and i can see that your house is so sweet and pretty too!! And guess what? Yes, we all came form Padang!! hmm..hidup Minangkabau!! ha ha ha...Anyway, I salute you lah for your strength. You are one wonderful woman! Your best friend must be smiling all the time, dear! Take care and thanks for the visit to my blog, ya?! I will definitely drop by your 'house' often!!

MHB said...

ladydi -- correct, correct, correct... jalan cerita tersangat slow... heheh. Yes, heard so much about Sophie Kinsella's series, insyaallah one of these days will get my own copy.

Talking bout finding answers from the Quran, I also like Don't Be Sad by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni. Reading it gives me hope to face another day.

You worked for DigiCert? Like fellow blogger flowerinthedessert said, dunia ni mmg kecik!! You know, I am now at my transit office sharing space with ivest!

anonymous aka mm -- thanks for dropping by! Yes, I've heard of that too... thanks again sbb memanjangkan ilmu :)

ms hart -- welcome to my 'house'... jemput, jemput... buat macam rumah sendiri ;) Yes... awak urang Minang... growing up, lauk wajib daily is belado ikan, belado ayam, dendeng daging etc. everything must be 'belado'!

thanks for the kind words... and do drop by when u r free!

p/s: went to your blog and saw that you linked me (thank u!) but my blog did not come on when I clicked on it (heheh... kiasu jugak i nih). I think you tersilap type my add... ;)

Anonymous said...

just like mshart...i oso love your house..sweet n cantik (mcm sama taste jer..)..hehee..keep it up...i love flowers too n definitely pastel colours...kalau i jumpa anything in pastel colours..i will shriek...hehee...

MHB said...

ladydi -- thank you for the compliments. Same taste ye? Hehe we should go shopping together!

I live in a very tiny apartment, which is supposed to be our temporary abode, but rumah x siap-siap since 2002 (thanks to Talam Jahanam! - that can be another blog entry altogether!) Tapi tak pelah, syukur padaNya... this apt fits me and my girls (plus bibik) perfectly... and I think will probably be in this house for a long long time even when our other house is completed... this apt is OUR home...

ms hart said...

Haiyayaaa...you got me first huh? Tu lah, I realised I typed listentomyheart pulak!!! Bila dah betulkan, then only I came here...tengok2 cikgu dah tangkap dah typo error murid!!! kah kah kah!!

Anonymous said...

hiyyadoin'??....dunno what to call you...HEART will do kott...tapi cam jiwang la plak..hik hik...(Don't get mad yerrr)..

shopping???..hehe..that's my therapy...with or without money..(hahaha!!!)

well..that Talam memang JAHANAM kannn...heard so much bout their poor performance in building houses..kat area mana ur new-but-not-yet-completed house tu??..but hey...if i were you, will think billion times nak move...all the memories...u can't pack those n leave kan?..sigh...but babe..that house fits you guys n bibik well..huh!..bibik dah ada h/phone ke blom?..wink wink...

am now addicted to ur blog already..my first agenda after abis kelas (i have my own kindy -smart reader kids)...the colours..the words..so much love n PASTELS!!!...

p/s: i've alwez posted longgg stori mori kat ur blog nih..sori yerr..but i like boraks with u..

take care..ciao..

MHB said...

ms hart -- caught red-handed!! heheh

ladydi -- don't la call me HEART!! (no offence, ms hart! ;)

Nak bagi real name... hmmm... think still want to remain somewhat mysterious heheh...

yup, don't think we can ever leave this place... definitely not in the next few years to come. Perhaps when the kids finish college I do foresee staying someplace else with more space... you know, I dah terbayang nanti if I were to still stay here after they're married... with small 3+1 bedrooms, mana nak taruk anak menantu and cucu when they stay overnight, nak kenduri kendara etc. (yes, I do think that far, though will never know for sure if I'll still be here then). Kita hanya merancang, Allah yang menentukan...

You have your own kindy! OMG -- you know, about 8 years ago, I was thinking of quitting my job and starting one -- even talked to some people from Q-Dees, but didn't pursue it seriously as wasn't confident of setting up own business. Kiranya I had the same vision as you lar! Cuma you are bold enough to go ahead and materialise your dreams! Kudos!

My other passion is interior decorating. Angan-angan jugak nak dabble into it... again, perhaps after the girls finish college -- now I have to concentrate on putting them through school first.

Thanks again for visiting my blog, and DO post comments, lagi panjang lagi bagus ;) And let me know apa-apa je... walaupun bende yg you mungkin rase I tak berape nak suka dengar... I like honesty.

This has got to be the longest comment I've ever written!

p/s: noooo, bibik blm ada handphone and she ain't ever gettin' one!

Anonymous said...

my kindy?..it's actually sister n sister-kinda-kindy...me n my sis in law...she's still working..hence, i've managed to get the principal's seat..heheh..

but i enjoy doing this..meeting people n tend to kids's needs in school..am teaching few subjects..so, kiranye..x penat sangat..n i have 5 teachers...hey, u should dabble into this kinda biz...or interior decorating..i envy orang yang ada this kinda shop..heheh..i like to spend hours at eliza's or biggie best (if i pegi)...i'd like to get my girls a nice n sweet cupboard (i guess..x sure but i nampak in ur blog) which you have for ur girls..if u don't mind, where did u get those from??..