CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

A mini reunion...

My friend from school, Sheeda hosted a dinner bash for family and friends last night.

Sheeda, who resides in Brussels is back for a two-week vacation with hubby and son. I haven't seen Sheeda in ages -- the last time was in 1996 during Annie's wedding and before she made Brussels home. Thanks to Facebook, Sheeda took the initiative to gather old friends from school for a small reunion.

Unfortunate as it was that not many turn up (only me, Annie and Ezreen), it was a fun night all the same. Some who wanted to come are away for work and some just could not make it this time (sure hope we'll have another one soon with more of us).

I see Annie all the time, but I haven't seen Ezreen since we left school in 1989 -- that is like almost 20 years ago!! (God, I'm old!) She hasn't changed (physically) one bit! Still the lanky gal with a built of a model. I bet she could just slip into her old school pinafore without any effort!
The dinner was held at B0ra 4smar4 in Kg Sungai Penchala (didn't have any idea where it was!). Janji dengan Annie jumpa kat Masjid Tmn Tun and trailed her car there.
The ambience was great and Sheeda booked the whole back pavillion for her guests, and so we had some nice private time chatting with each other and going down memory lane. There was also a quartet who serenaded us. It was nice.
We ate and laughed and ate and laughed. Hilang semua kepenatan after a long day at work (kelam-kabut betul hari ni at work, preparing for our new Minister's visit next Tuesday).

Dah lama tak jumpa, our memories were challenged with "ingat tak so and so"... and "I heard someone who was an ugly duckling turned out to be gorgeous!" Also, friends yang dah jadi Datin and bawak BMW besar and bermacam-macam lagi...

Also talked about our schoolmates yang dah jadi celebrity! Like winner of the Best 4ctress last year for her performance in Kebaya Merah; the dance teacher in A*F; Sheeda's cousin whom we used to call Kak Timah is now a respected film producer...

It was indeed a fun night and look forward to the next one -- with more girlfriends this time!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like fun! Nampak macam sweet 17 jek you all...:) I dah 31 I tak rasa tua pun :P

MHB said...

amy -- kalau we all sweet 17, you ni kira gadis sunti lar ;)

Anonymous said...

u look young,a very sweet "heart".yeah,hopefully less bleeding k.time heals...that's what they say

n

MHB said...

anonymous -- insya-Allah, thanks for the du'a...

Anonymous said...

u look sooooo familiar..macam pernah jumpa, tapi di mana ya?

MHB said...

anonymous -- hmmmm... maybe if you tell me who you are, I may be able to tell you where we could have met ;-)