Now that it's no longer gonna be Syawal (last day today), I need to post something new to replace my entry on Eid 1430 la kan...
But what to write? Actually... I've been thinking about this blog... if I should continue it or just 'kuburkan' saje... what did I create this blog for in the first place? Answer: to document my thoughts, my monologues, to think (type) out loud. It was mostly for me to deal with myself, and my new status as a widow. I figure if I write and then read it as a third person, I'd understand the inner me better.
As time went by I wrote about other stuff, my going-ons, my hobbies etc. Soon, many bloggers dropped by, other anon commenters and silent readers were here too... it was you who gave life to this blog and un-monologue it!! (if you're reading this, I'm talking about you :-) thank you!!
And after some time now, I am feeling like I'm only 'menyemak-king' this cyberspace with my sometimes shallow, mostly mediocre happenings & thoughts. What a waste of cyberspace, isn't it??
And so, I've been thinking... should I just stop updating and leave this blog unattended, or should I 'erase' it (by making it invisible to everyone else - but I'd still be able to review it - sayang jugak oooo... macam2 dah tulis - one fine day can read back and reflect sorang2).
I think I am going to give myself till mid-next month (in conjunction with my 37th b-day ahakss) to decide. If this blog is still crawling the web on 16 Nov, I guess I'll be here to stay... but if I decide otherwise, I think 15 Nov would be the last day you'd be looking at My Monologues.
(Now that I've typed all that, this could well be like the last or second last entry on My Monologues!)
Till then y'all!!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Blog oh Blog!!
Posted by MHB at Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
no definitely not menyemakkan cyberspace!!you hv thought me so many lessons ok! so pls continue writing, tiap tiap hari i tunggu!!
hi...think about it this way dear, someday your daughters would read this and be able to understand their mum better!
MHB,
No matter what u decide; even if u take ur writings to be private, I shall have to learn to accept ur choice, it'll be hard not to hear (or rather read about u), bukan nak nyibuk but like what KG says, learn from u.
I bet we all have different things we have learnt from u. For me, is to be a strong woman and to just live life no matter what is dealt. What a great mum (n dad) u've been to ur girls. Reading ur writings makes my sorry lil sorrows nothing lah dear.
I'll definitely miss reading and seeing ur lovely-2 pictures and cakes. (By the way, have been wanting to order more cuppies but I have been so busy and cannot even schedule a time to pick up should I even order more).
It was great running into u hari tue, I know I caught u off guard and I realised u mesti susah nak recognise me cos i was in my tak semengah tudung sarung ehhehehe
If you go silent, I will too.
wah wah... Wiz' comment was like a threat! :)
my dear, biasa la mem-blog-goblok nih! I've thought of stopping PTR many a times already - as I felt that it was a little personal at times, and there were people who actually speculated what I wrote (which was sometimes fictional -HAHA, kelakar kan? saja je coz dont wanna give the real thing to those inquisitive ones..).
so, now i ikut a blogger's advice: "write when you feel like you want to, and write whatever you'd like to. It's yours, so 'lantak pi' la..!".
:) nak go silent, boleh but don't you go silent on me, eh? MUAHAHAHHAH!!!
Alaaaaahhh MHB
I will be one of the most saddest person on earth if that happens. I will see you after 15th Nov kan kan!
MHB,
Like Aida said, it is your choice, dear. But, I agree with what D said - you can write whatever you want to write, whenever you want to write. Don't feel obliged to do it every day, or week, or month, etc. And to do that, you can't really close this blog, can you? ;)
You've shared a part of you with us, and it'll be a sad day for many of us readers out here if you were to decide to stop blogging. You've taught so many of us so many things, and that in a way is amal jariah :)
And if you were to ask us to buang undi, I can assure you you'll get unanimous votes for you to keep it open :)
My only hope is, IF you decide to close it, we can still keep in touch through other means, insya Allah.
beb, whatever you do, to stop or not, i think you shouldn't delete the blog. You'll regret it - it's many month's worth of writings. :)
I think like you think.. just go with the flow.. if you feel like writing.. write. If you feel like being quiet, don't feel obliged to update the blog.
That was... in my humble opinion aje lah. :p
MHB
Hmm to me blogging is a place where we would be able to express ourselves. It'll be worst kalau simpan saja. Yes we have friends but takkan we gonna tell them the same old story kan? At least blogging help us to clear our mind and thoughts.
Nothing and no one could replace your dearie on sharing your thoughts but at least you'd be able to let it out.
Unless you wanna let him out of your mind, forget him and move on, which I think not.
So darling, I propose that you'd continue writing as I commented in the upper post -- you are my hope that one day, I'd have what have had.
Love
Post a Comment