CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 3, 2009

My little teapot...

I am a tea drinker. Not big on coffee. In fact coffee, with the exception of kopi kampung gives me a headache. Funny that all I ever drank in college was black coffee without sugar. I guess I've used up my quota on coffee. It is not friendly to me anymore!!

All throughout secondary school, I was the tea maker for my dad. Everytime he comes home from work, I'd prepare him a glass mug of tea. Writing this, I can remember vividly how it looked like - the glass mug that is. A Lipton teabag, a sachet of Equal, hot water from the flask and a teaspoon was all I needed to prepare the mug-full of tea. For years, that was my ritual.

My late hubby was a tea-drinker as well. Precisely, he was a lover of any kind of beverage. For tea, he loved Earl Grey at home and teh tarik at the mamak's of course.

It is past 11pm and I had just finished doing something work-related which was needed ASAP. Had looked forward to a relaxing Friday evening but ahhh... the surprise call came in and a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do!!

It sure has been a hectic week, starting from last Friday night preparing and attending a family gathering, preparing and attending my daughter's school activities on Sunday, and then come Monday came the sad news about a death in the family, the next-day funeral, three nights of tahlils, attending a court case etc. This afternoon, I felt my body giving me signs to slow down, my body was aching and my nose was runny.

As I was finishing up work in the comfort of my home tonight, the body couldn't take it no more and two Panadols I popped and a 15-minute break I took under the comforter. The alarm clock showed 9.15 when it went off and I had promised to email the stuff by 10pm. Alhamdulillah, mission accomplished and with that the body felt much better. Could it be the Panadol had started to kick in or the stress relieved with the work completed?? I think it's the latter :-)

The girls were already in bed by this time and in the kitchen I was when I saw the dainty teapot set that a dear soul kindly bought for me in UK as a token of our friendship. What makes it more special is that the friendship was formed over this very blog!! (thanks, LadyDi... I love making and sipping tea in it!!) A tea was what I so needed to calm the nerves before I hit the bed (mattress!!) and what better way than to enjoy a quiet little moment with my own company sipping tea in a teacup bought with love.

So here I am writing this and sipping the tea ever so slowly like a proper English lady, albeit in my kaftan!! hehe... but before I finish the tea, a photography session I must make for I am a photo blogger ;-)

It is now almost midnight, the last sip of tea I have taken and it's time to say good nite. May your weekend be as calming as a warm cuppa tea on a quiet night. Sweet dreams, y'all!!

20 comments:

D said...

alo woman, why have tea before bed? :)

I'm a tea person too and among my favourite (banyak sangat la) is Lady Grey. Aahh... I'm trying to cut down on my beverages, but now am craving for a cuppa! adios!!

MHB said...

D -- caffeine does nothing to me. If in college I drank coffee to stay alert and keep me awake, now I can drink a pot of tea and go to bed the next minute!! Tea calms me down and I always have a cup when I need to soothe the nerves :-)

You go enjoy your cuppa!!

KG said...

mhb,

i used to be a tea lover when in uk...the teas there are lovely...not tt we cant get them here...but broody expensive! i love lady grey(use to go ga ga over earl grey)...signs of aging...need something milder, camomile and green tea...think tatley's english breakfast is still the best for breaky...but nowadays, must hv coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon!!
hmm, next time i know waht to get you for yr birthday!!

MHB said...

KG -- for breakfast I have to have a mug of Milo. An ex-colleague used to call me 'anak manja' sebab kena minum Milo pagi2 haha. I have my tea at night when I need to calm the nerves... kadang2 when coffee is served in meetings, gatal jugak take a cup and end up with a mild headache!!

mmmm... my birthday's in Nov!! :-)

LadyDi said...

sis,

am a tea lover too....and i rasa the teapot suits u really well..hehe..

take care ye...

p/s : was really glad after the transaction took place ;-)

MHB said...

LadyDi -- I lurrve the teapot and the teapot moments... I sure am gonna have many more blissful moments accompanied by my little teapot ;-)

thanks, love!!

p/s: yeah, me too!!

wanshana said...

The teapot set is so pretty!

I love both coffee AND tea. My kind of tea - if teh kosong, must be Cameronian Boh Tea with a teaspoon of sugar (or now - Equal). If Teh Tarik - must mix susu pekat with evaporated milk and a bit of fresh milk.

As for coffe - I prefer it white.

Like you - I can sleep right after drinking tea or coffee. No hal. Hehehe!

Enjoy your Sat night and Sunday, dear :)

Niza Umar -- nizatulasmar@yahoo.com said...

Ahhh what a lovely tea set you have there. I must say your friend has a very good taste!

There was once a cafe called Teapot in SS2 PJ. The decorations are all kinds of teapot. No sure if it still there. If it is, we must make a date there and enjoy a cup of tea.. :)

Have a fun weekend

MHB said...

wanshana -- a small cup of tea or coffee prepared just the way we like it memang gives us that 'kick' kan? ;-)

have you tried putting a little instant nescafe powder in your teh tarik?? the 'kick' tu lain macaaam... but for me after that got a bit headache la... it's a case of bersedap-sedap dahulu, berpening-pening kemudian!! haha

MHB said...

niza -- yes, yes... have read about in, seen it on tv but never been there!! jom, jom kita pegi... it's a date, ya?? nanti we confirm kat Wiz' class... see ya soon!!

madame blossom said...

I love that teapot n cup. It's so lovely!

MHB said...

Madame B -- pretty, ain't it? When can I expect you to have a cuppa at my humble home? ;-)

Typhoon Sue said...

hi! my first time here. i too, am a tea drinker, and I avoid coffee like plague, except for kopi kampung of course. In fact, I am the sort of person who can sit at starbucks all day drinking nothing but chocolate drink, unless that happens to be a very bad day for my head in which case the mere aroma of coffee at starbucks would trigger my migraine, so you can find me at mamak's instead

Excuse me, I'm gonna go make me another cuppa

ummisara said...

MHB,

hehehh i am a tea person :)
earl grey is my fav...tapi teh apa pun bulehhhhhh jugak as long as teh

and sippong frm the english design floral cup...makes it better...

Amy said...

Cantiknyaaaa set tu..very English, I loike! Setengah org kena minum coffee, or tea to start the morning or to end the night..tapi Amy tak berapa kisah sgt..if I do lepak kat luar, usually teh tarik. Kat rumah most of the time air kosong sejuk. Kekadang malam2 tu ada la seminggu sekali kut nescafe, tu pun suruh adik buat :P..and sama la, memang takde effect, next minute bleh doze of to la-la land. I miss reading you, sgt busy nowadays..and emotional at the same time, takde mood nak blog. *please hug me* :(

Lily Riani said...

I really should take you to Teapot cafe in SS2.

MHB said...

Typhoon Sue -- thanks for leaving a comment. Jom pi pekena teh segelas ;-)

MHB said...

edelweiss -- jom join me and Typhoon Sue for a cuppa!! :-)

MHB said...

Amy -- I dah hug you on your blog, kan? jom bila2 kita gi mamak sesama sambil makan J.Co donuts yg kita dah beli prior to that, how's that? :-)

MHB said...

Lily -- bile??? just let me know!! :-)