After a simple breakfast at our hotel, we hit the road and walked over to the spanking new Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex, a 10-minute walking distance away from our hotel.After going through the immigration officers, we went down to the basement and took a bus across the causeway to the Woodlands Checkpoint. And we're in Singapore!! The bus ride though took about 40 minutes as there were sooo many vehicles going into Singapore. And we thought we were early!! We later realised that it was actually a public holiday in M'sia - Agong's birthday!!
Got our passports stamped at Woodlands and took another shuttle bus to the nearest MRT station at Kranji.
We manoeuvred our way around using the MRT on this trip, except for later in the night when I took a cab from Orchard to Bukit Timah (coz there is no MRT station near to where I wanted to go and mostly coz my feet has given up on me!!) haha
First stop was Chinatown. Kira macam Petaling Street lah gitu. I had planned this trip to be what I call a super-low budget trip and will only visit entrance fee-free places ;-) This is not a Sentosa Island kinda trip heheh... furthermore we've taken the girls to Sentosa Island, S'pore Zoo and Night Safari etc before, though I'm sure they wouldn't mind going again!! Actually when I mentioned going to S'pore, the first thing that they said was "night safari!!".

postcard-perfect buildings in Chinatown
Nevertheless, it was a good way to travel and the girls enjoyed each MRT ride, the walking up and down the stairs at each station (mommy took the escalator, of course!!) the figuring out where to go next etc. Kalau kat KL bilamasa nak merasa naik LRT (though we've taken them on a couple fun rides). It's something I'd definitely do again.
The girls were given USD50 each for shopping from their grandma (I think they're from the left-over notes from her Dubai trip recently). It was converted to Sing $70 and I told them that's what they're gonna use for their personal shopping (stuff that they want but not really something I'd approve of buying for them).
Misha saw a t-shirt she really liked and asked me to get it for her. I told her to use her own money to which she thought slow... and hard... and later decided she didn't like it so much to use her own money!! "Kalau pakai duit Mommy, nak..kalau pakai duit Misha tak nak..." Chewah... Pandai, eh!! I told the girls that my money is just as expensive as their money and if they don't think their money is worth for something, then mommy's money is not worth for it either. A short lesson on money there in Chinatown haha. But it so worked coz after that, they were quite careful of what they really really want... belek lama sikit la before seeing something and screaming, "Mommy...nak!!".
I guess Misha must've really liked the t-shirt coz before we left Chinatown, she asked to drop by the shop again and bought it with her own money. I made her pay for it herself at the cashier. The uncle was asking her, "dari mana?" and then "terima kasih"... and Misha was so surprised that someone in Singapore could speak Malay!! haha
It was soon lunchtime and so we took another MRT ride to Bugis for murtabak, roti pratha and briyani at Singapore Zam Zam. This place is kinda sentimental for me and the girls as I think we had like 5 meals there on our last trip to Singapore with their late dad.
Service was slow... and soooo many people. That was how it was on our last trip too, but no one seemed to make any complaints. Everyone simply put up with it. I guess its like, if you can't stand the wait, leave. But where else to go for murtabak la?
With tummies full, we walked two blocks to Bugis Junction Mall. The Seiyu department store was where we were heading. We were dissapointed though that the store was having an exclusive day for card members and we were denied entry. Sedih wo... the store carries good quality handbags with affordable prices, much less menggerunkan than those branded stuff at Orchard. Sesuai sangatlah for people like me ;-) Think I bought three handbags last time I was there.
We also checked out Bugis Street -- a pedestrian covered-walkway arcades not unlike Petaling Street. Ramainya orang... I almost got suffocated!!
From Bugis, we took an MRT to Orchard. By this time, the steps we took were not as swift as earlier in the day. Dah banyak berjalan tu... kaki dah nak merajuk... they deserve a break. Dah la lepas ni nak mengharung Orchard pulak... ok, ok... we'll take a break and have some refreshments once we get out of Orchard MRT station, we told ourselves...
Photo below: Maira chillin' @ McD with a lolly in her mouth and menggayakan my $10 sunglasses bought earlier in Chinatown ;-)
By this time, it was already almost 5pm. So many places to check out, so little time. How la?
Went to Wisma Atria to check out the C&K handbags I earlier admired. Padan muka, they just sold off the designs I was attracted to earlier in the day. So many people... what did I expect kan? The whole of Singapore was on sale... so jealous at the Indonesian lady standing next to me in the store who borong-ed 5 pieces of handbags... but what to do? I didn't berkenan at the ones that WERE available... frust...frust... We reached Raintree@Bukit Drive, Madame B's abode at about 8.30pm. Her neighbour and friend, who has also become a friend of mine, Aida greeted us at the entrance. What a nice condo complex the Raintree is!!



8 comments:
Dearest,
After reading your entries ni, I have decided to head on South plak next. Ni mcm jejak MHB plaks kan? At first it was Morib now Singapore ha ha ha. FOr all you know sebenarnya I am your stalker... mmm, mmu mmmuaaa, muahhhh mmmuaha, muahahahahaha.
Wiz -- you can stalk me all you want, I feel so honoured!! next time bawak kek sebijik haha
jejaklah, Wiz oiii... my trips suma low-budget nye... ntah bila can jejak your tapak to NZ plak!! terlioq tau baca your entries tuh!!
Amboi... it sure sounds like a fun-packed day for you girls! Banyaknya activities within that one day!
Singapore Sale... hmmm.... you should have just grabbed that handbag at the first C&K. Now dah terkilan, kan? Have you checked at Pavillion if they had it?
I was there last Thursday and I bought a pair of shoes. That was my first time there, tho. Not bad selection.
MrsN -- heheh... yup, itupun ada hati nak pegi 2-3 lagi tempat in our original plan... where got time??
Have to check la kat Pavillion pulak nampaknya...
Hiiiiii! I was looking out for ur entry right after u got back. But of course u must be exhausted. :D pastu, I pulak sibuk.
I love the pics that u took in spore, especially the colourful spiral staircase. Very nice!
I was excited to hv u as my guest. Cuma the diaspoointment is, it was too short!
Oh ya... Gambar! Nanti I email u dari rumah, insyaAllah. :)
Hv a sweet day dear!
Madame B -- helloooo there!! yes, like I wrote in my post, we enjoyed meeting up with you and Aida and hope we can do it again insya-Allah!!
Dearest MHB,
I happen to stumble upon yr blog and find it very interesting...
Just want to let u know dat, d next time u happen to be in Singapore, let me know ok...i can take u around shooping and makan2 at Singapore Zam Zam.
take care!!
Sariah Itam
Dear Sariah,
Thanks for the offer! I will definitely take it up ;-) but how la to contact you ni?
Post a Comment