To those who read my previous entry would know that I was feeling a bit down (a bit?? tipu!! a lot!!) on Friday as the cake I baked for peeps at the office was errrr... 'a bit dry'. I believe this was due to some technical error with the oven...anyways, I'd like to forget that incident and move on.
I did tell a colleague about how sorry and embarrased I felt with how the cake turned out. She tried to make me feel better, saying the cake tasted nice, just a bit dry... but of course me, being the emotional one was still sad la. I think the 'kesedihan' showed on my face. Many people have told me that I am one whose feelings can be gauged through my 'riak muka'. Adoiii malunya!!
Anyways, this morning she handed me a small container with a slice of carrot cake, and a card that read:
I didn't bake this. Got this from S*cret R*cipe but trust me u bake better carrot cake than this. So, be happy ya!
Love,
R
Awwww... I am so touched. Thanks, R!! Appreciate it much and now you can see from my 'riak muka' that I am obviously not sad anymore haha!! ;-) Love ya, R!!

6 comments:
That's very sweet of your friend...
I'm sure the cake tasted just fine, but being the perfectionist that you are, it was just unacceptable.
My dear friend, always remember that nobody's perfect. There would be days like these. So, chill... Don't be too hard on your self the next time your cake kurang menjadi. Yours is still 100x better than any of my cakes!
MrsN -- thanks, dear!! I promise that I will try not to be too hard on myself next time, ok?? ;-)
...and thanks for the comforting words and the exxageration on the 100x hehe!!
alamak... craving for carrot cake lerr pulak!!!
daybab -- I'm making some for Sat!! (hopefully tak dry haha!!)
yahooooo... dapat makan carrot cake!!
Insya-Allah... semua nya akan ok!
some people have bad hair days, while some others have bad cake days! :)
eee... now you got me craving for some SR cakes!!! drool drool... (my oven is on vacation now... mogok sebab I over-use it! So still waiting for landlord to fix it!)
Post a Comment