I am enjoying my weekend so far. At home. Bliss.
I've been productive too... with catching up with sleep zzzzzz... hehe
After three weekends away for work, boy am I happy just to be home. Sent Maira to camp early this morning, then had breakfast with Misha while waiting for the hypermarket to open. Best shopping pagi-pagi as the entire humongous store is just for you and maybe like 4 other customers. As we had all the time in the world, we walked through almost every aisle, belek this belek that... belek that RM2.90 mug yang macam lawa gak and best gak kalau beli but don't know where to put ;-)
Came home, put away some stuff and zzzzzz... nikmatnya. I noticed that when there's only one child in the house, they somehow know how to entertain themselves and Misha today did not kacau me when I was napping. I didn't hear screams and yells and complaints one make about the other.
Caught up with reading too... rereading another Amy Tan. I love Amy Tan.
Hari ni tak masak. For lunch, Misha and I had tuna sandwich. We watched tv for a bit, went online for a bit, baca mag for a bit...
Now she is pestering me to go watch Night at the Museum 2. I did promise the two girls we'd go watch it, but when both girls are at home la. We made a deal to go get some DVDs later and do a movies' nite.
My girls are growing up fast, especially Maira. I see teenage tendencies in her already. Misha, while getting taller each day, is still very much a baby and I think I'll keep her that way for a bit. Don't want them to grow up too fast!!
Yup, school holidays are here for two whole weeks. Am taking the girls down south insya-Allah next weekend for a short break. The girls are enjoying school and that makes me happy. I don't remember liking going to school that much when I was a kid (of course I didn't tell them this!!)
They seem to like their teachers very much too... read about how the kids made their mommies buy pressies for their teachers in some of your blogs and others... my kids were no exception too!! I did tell that tho that prezzies are limited to just four teachers each (that's eight!) and the rest would surely not mind personally crafted teacher's day cards... right?
Since the girls wanted to bring cupcakes for the class party cum Teacher's Day celeb yesterday, I baked cupcakes for teachers' prezzies too. Four cupcakes in a cute box for each teacher. OK la tu... hope the teachers did not get an overdose of cupcakes as I heard many students brought 'em cupcakes too hehe...
I think Misha is getting restless and is now pestering me to go get some DVDs. She's cuddling up with her Baby Alive that I did not get her. While I was away last weekend, the girls of course stayed at my mom's. Our relatives from Indo came a visiting for a few days to attend a wedding and according to my bro, they invited the girls to go on their outing at Pavilli*n. I knew about this outing as my bro had called me on Saturday to ask permission to take them along.
Little did I know, they were brought on a shopping spree buying this and that. Thank you lah to my Udo Darul and Tante Yut, but I feel bad lah that they spent money on toys that I would never get for the girls myself. Not so much because they are expensive, but more because they are merepek. I mean... Baby Alive tu mahal and knowing the girls (and I think most kids for that matter) nak main kejap je... until the novelty wears off. Maira chose a cash register. A cash register??? You're 10, Maira!! And she has had two cash registers' before when she was maybe 3 and then 5 or 6 kot... the two girls of course got 'that look' from me lah... I am a garang mom!! hehe... but my bro did tell me that they DID NOT ask for those things, the moment they pegang one thing aje, Tante Yut quickly grabbed it and wanted to get those things for them... anak yatim, kan... besar pahala buat baik kat anak yatim, so I think my aunt and uncle just wanted to do something nice for the girls... all in the name of ibadah, am sure...
Ramble, ramble ramble... hehe that's what happens when you actually have time... membebel!!
I shall bebel no more, just lemme post photos of the cupcakes baked for Teacher's Day. Was on my feet for four hours baking 'em, so have to post photos la hehe ;-)

18 comments:
luv....this is extremely loooong...hehe...but i love to hear u membebel ;-))
love all ur cuppies and u'oohh, boxes are gorgeous too..
take care, hun...hope to see u skejap during the skool hols (psst, u still remember the 'thing' yg dah bersawang tu kan???) aaaand, don't tell me u still xder time tau! ;-))) update me!
I will try the cupcakes to give to kids' teachers next year. This year tak sempat cos was busy doing something else. Ye lah MHB, the boxes are awfully wonderful. Dapat kotak kosong pun dah ok.
mhb,
i think the teachers were all overdosed wt cupcakes....yusof and umar and another friend also ordered cupcakes for their teachers.....
i also had a quiet sunday after the hiatus of baking...went to look for baby stuff, tapi end up bought stuffs for everyone except the one in the oven and moi....tops untuk pakai after beranak...ape kebende tuh!!
LadyDi -- ooopsss, yes yes... will call you nanti ok?? thanks, dear...
TM -- kotak kosong pun ok?? ahaha.. tergelak besar I!!
KG -- that just shows you're forward looking!! ;-) Looking at your photos, I bet you don't look pregnant from behind pun and you'd be able to slip into that new top 5 mins after little Muhammad is out unlike me during my first pregnancy, was so big that the new top I bought konon2 nak pakai balik from hospital tak muat and had to sarung my preggie baju which I had on when I came in to beranak!! haru hahaha
amboi... boleh tahan gak membebel yek?? :)
enjoyed every bit of it though!
I love the boxes of your cupcakes. Did you have them specially made for you?
D -- yak, yak, yakkkk... once start, cannot stop!!
mrsN -- I made them myself!! hehe no lah... ada jual kat kedai ;-)
Gorgeous! Enuff said!
MHB,
Macam mane nak place order? Hmm like berapa hari kena inform kalau i nak order?
TQ
RSA -- hello there... apa yang gorgeousnye? kotak tu ke? hehe...
kaseh -- hi there... you can email me at tmzi7072@gmail.com
A week's notice is ideal but minimum 48 hours can be accomodated if I'm not busy. Thanks for the enquiry! ;-)
wahhh sedapnye ur cupcakes!!!
Salam kenal MHB, nice looking at yr beautiful cup cakes? Found yr blog at D's blog. What do you use as the choc topping? Looks yummy. I think you should be publishing another baking blog? What do you say?
Mama Diny
Birmingham
Dearie..you've been awarded 'Uber Amazing Blog' and tagged. Sila tengok kat blog Amy eh? :)
ms rahah -- hi there!!
mama diny -- thanks for dropping by! I use chocolate ganache as the topping - equal parts of heavy cream and cooking chocolate. Heat the cream for about a minute in the microwave (the recipe calls for a steam bath, but am just too lazy haha) and mix in chopped cooking choc. Let it cool (I usually shove it in the freezer for 20 minutes, again lazy) and it's ready to top any cakes/brownies etc. Try it!!
Amy -- thanks, dear!! Memandangkan sekarang memang tengah M*l*s with a capital M, tungu-tungulah I buat tag tu ye? hehe... thanks again, dear... terharu gitu!!
Post a Comment