CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Treats to share and love to spread

I still can't believe I'm now taking orders for cakes. I mean, I used to only bake for family and friends when entertaining. I also baked my girls' birthday cakes when they were much younger and after that the interest somewhat waned a bit.

Since a year ago, my interest in beautiful cakes surged. I lurveee looking at beautiful cakes and the lovely creations by sugar artists all around the world. Looking at beautiful cakes just makes me happy. I will look at these cakes and will be in deep awe of their creators' creativity and sharp eyes for the perfect colour and theme.

I am still so so green in this cake-baking and decorating department, thus I thank everyone who has been supportive. I'd like to think that I bake to spread some love and happiness. ;-)

My first cake order from this blog came from Aida. Thanks, Aida!! She ordered some plain choc treats for her kiddoes about 3 weeks ago.

Last Saturday, I delivered 200 of these mini chocolicious treats for Sahidi's daughter's birthday party. That was my biggest order so far. Thanks for your confidence in me!!

Tonight I baked another box of my mini chocolicious treats to be delivered to Amira tomorrow. Hope she likes it!!

Baking... I'm enjoying it!!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

MHB,

Oh thank you for taking orders hehehehe we loved your lil cupcakes and will be taking more orders soon.

Yummmmmmmmm.

I wish u the best of luck in you business venture.

Hugs.

p/s lupa nak hug when we met... was a lil nerves ehhehehe and when I am i end up talking ALOT

CS said...

Tahniah! I tumpang happy. You dah mula ambik order (I feel as though I'm in your shoes). I got some orders tapi my passion dah merundum. Ada pulak yg mengidam dgn my simple cupcakes but I cant accommodate cos my oven wat hal. Kesian orang mengidam kan? Good luck to you.

the principal said...

So happy to hear that.

Good luck to you. Semoga rezeki bertambah.

zarin said...

hi
found u tru the principal
Nice little cuppies..very d very delicious..I Love chocolate
he he..actually i sama mcm u tp baru terkedek kedek belajar baking ni n tup2 my friend mintak order cuppies..so apa lagi hentam saja la labu...

madame blossom said...

congrats babe! we love ur choc cakes! big one and the mini ones.. :)

kat singapore, my aunt and her friend, their wedding cakes are well known thru word of mouth, and just distributing name cards with the cakes the send. they can make up to $1000 per week. (something to ponder about)

btw, at last kan.. I think kitorang pegi JB aje. :p

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Hi MHB, well done with the new venture! Good...this will be a start of something new in your life. Wish you every success and for sure I would like to place my orders when I'm back in KL. I'm a cupcake fan(atic)!

kay_leeda said...

MHB,

Go gurlfriend..go gurl :)
Your cuppies look so yummylicioussss and I'm sure they taste great too. Ummmpppp you got me drolling already..heh..heh.

Have fun baking :)

MHB said...

Aida -- thanks for much for that order, dear! ;-)

Oh.. ye ke you were nervous... I didn't realise that but you know what, when both of us got out of our cars to salam, I did want to hug and muah muahs... but didn't get a response.. and actually felt ter-segan sket hahaha...

ok... save the hugs and muah muahs for next time!! ;-)

MHB said...

somuffins -- thank you for the well wishes... errr... hopefully my interest pun tak merudum lak!! hehe

MHB said...

principal -- thanks, dear... ameen ;-)

MHB said...

zarin -- thanks for hopping over here...

"hentam saja la labu.." hahaha... good luck to you too!! ;-)

MHB said...

madame B -- thanks, dear.. am glad you liked them...

wow... $1000 a month banyak tu.. *ka ching ka ching* hehe

JB pun ok what... but there's always the possibility of being spontaneous and driving further up north, kan? ;-)

MHB said...

MTT -- thanks for the well wishes!! Yes, would love to share some treats and spread some love to you nanti ;-)

all the best to your new venture (in KL) too!! ;-)

MHB said...

kay_leeda -- thanks, sis!! nah, ambik kain lap ni to wipe off your drool hehe...

KG said...

MHB,

Congrats....you have the flair, not like me, hv to learn abc and 123 of baking from scratch, nanti kalu nak pi class mana mana give mne a buzz...hmmm we'll be getting some tutorials frm wiz on 10.5.2009 on sugar flower, nak ikut??

MHB said...

KG -- you are being modest, KG... I love your Valhorna cuppies tu... nampak soooo sinful!!

nak ikuttttttt... but 10-12 will be outstation for training la pulak..

On sunday I'll be going for cake making demo class - Philippines choc cake, tiramisu etc... not so much on decorating. Lemme know if ur interested!

KG said...

MHB

Tak leh ikut you lah on Sunday...balik pontian, next time, inshallah!

Memorable trails... said...

Good luck in your new business.Wish I could bake as lovely and delicious as yours..

tireless mom said...

Yelah MHB, enterprising nya. All the best to you and hopefully di limpahi rezeki.

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear MHB,
Good Luck in your new venture, semoga rezeki bertambah2. It's especially great when you got to do something that you really like and get money out of it!

MHB said...

madam gold -- thank you, ma'am! ;-)

MHB said...

TM -- I guess I don't mind making some extra money doing what I love ;-) thanks and moga masin mulut you ;-)

MHB said...

dalam dakapan ibu -- ameen... yes, alhamdulillah... :o)