"Ahnyong hasayo..."
That's how you greet someone in Korean. I hear this phrase almost daily as I have a Korean family as my neighbour.
Mr Kim the head of the family is a very friendly and dignified man. We bump into each other almost everyday leaving for work in the morning. His wife on the other hand is, well... a bit 'stiff'. I don't think she is unfriendly, but I think her limited English is somewhat a deterrent for her communication with non-Koreans.
Yesterday, I baked a chocolate cake and shared some with the neighbours.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Love thy neighbour
Posted by MHB at Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Lucky neighbours!!!
yyuuummmyyyy....
I say...I'm drooling nih!
I hope the yummylicious cake had managed to "unstiffen" Mrs. Kim somewhat :)
Food blog or not, it doesn't matter, sis - as long as you blog. You've got two of the best therapies 2 in 1 - cooking AND blogging. Sangat baik untuk kesihatan...Hehehe!
Meh la jadi jiran I :P syedappppnya nampak cake tu *drooling*
Not only u re a good mother but a good neighbour too.I last baked my cake years ago..cant remember when.Now if my kids ever want to eat cakes I just dial and order..
Have a great day..
Do u mind giving me ur e mail add?tq
Aida -- I knew something was wrong with my entry title... tenung banyak kali rupanya got 'neighbour' spelt not quite right (dah betulkan). Pastu after tenung the word again, Kylie Minogue came to mind!! LOL (it's almost midnight and my mind is obviously only good for merapu meraban!) hehe
daybab -- you're too kind with your comments! awak tu bake-membake lagi terer-merer ;-)
wanshana -- meh I bagi tuala kecik nak lap your drool... heheh
you are right!! blogging and baking are the only 'me' time I get these days... put the two together memanglah baik untuk kesihatan!! (kena dengar ni saranan isteri Tuan Doktor hehe)
amy -- ameeeeen... kalau rumah I kat BJ tu siap, memanglah kita boleh jadik neighbour!! ;-)
madam gold -- thanks for the compliments, but please don't judge me by my one-sided account!! if you were to ask my kids and neighbours about moi, ntah apa la depa komen!!
sure, email me at tmzi7072atgmaildotcom
Waaa.... am drooling here. Jap nak ambik tissue lap keypad... hahaha!
Those Koreans are one lucky lot ;-)
Hugs to your girls.
jabishah -- hehe... alah, awak tu lagi pandai bab2 buat kek ni... ;-) missed your Banofee pie @ the makcik bloggers meet. Mee so shy to meet all of you beautiful people!! (rugi..rugi...)
Assalamualaikum Sis MHB
The pictures displayed in your past few entries sungguh lah yummylicious . The cupcakes you baked are so beautiful - really like the colour combination and how the letterings came out.
You're so gifted Alhamdulillah.
Keep the entries coming.
Salam to you sis and your princesses
FD- waalaikum mussalam sis... its always nice to have you here ;-)
thanks for the compliments and hugs from me to you
Post a Comment