Before cerita pasal waterfall, let me relate a funny incident at the hotel coffeehouse. L & N came down for breakfast first before we did and apparently the waitress kept bugging them for the breakfast coupon (which was with me). They kept telling the waitress to wait just a little bit as I was coming down in no time and bringing the coupons. It seems the waitress stopped L at the buffet line three times when she wanted to get food and sort of like threatening her "kalau tak de kupon, kena bayar kak..". L yang boleh tahan mak tiri jugak (hehe) said she ignored the waitress and buat muka dunno jek.
And finally when I came down with the coupons, L pun bagila the coupons to the waitress and told her sinisterly, "nak suruh saya bayar jugak ke??" hehe... marah akak tu!!
After we finished eating, I took out a food container which was earlier filled with some leftover brownies and muffins from KL and which we had already finished the day before. I wanted to refill the container (I know, tak de klasss kan?? hehe) with some muffins and buns from the buffet line. Just to have something to eat if the girls get hungry later. I asked L & N if they minded (ye lah, nanti malau lak kalau kena tangkap!!) and L said,"well, I've tried to be so sophisticated since we came but since the waitress treated me like I'm some kind of pompuan tak malu, I'm gonna act like one!" and she went to get plates of muffins and buns to fill up the container!! haha!! It was hillarious the way we were laughing and secretly trying to sorok2 what we were doing!!
The Datai Bay is something like 30 odd km away from Pantai Tengah where our hotel is. With L reading the a map, I drove (was the appointed driver the whole 3 days, L was the apponted map reader) leisurely asfter breakfast to get to the waterfall. We reached Datai Bay but couldn't find any signs to Temurun Waterfalls. Drove and drove until we reached a very quiet and secluded road... and tetiba saw the entrance to The Datai, a 6-star resort I've heard a lot of, but never been to.
Yang bestnya travel with ladies is that, bila rasa sesat je, we'd stop somewhere and ask for directions. It'd never happen with guys hehe. So, we decided to go to The Datai and ask directions from the hotel people. I waited in the car with N while L and my girls went down. Five minutes later they came back and told us, "wahhh the place is sooooo nice" (yelah, compared to our 3-star hotel, kan??). N and I decided that we too, want to have a look at the resort and so we parked the car and went inside. It was beautiful indeed. The typical resort filled with Mat Salleh's only coz they're the only ones who can afford it. And... the staff there were so nice... Before entering, we told the guys at the concierge if it was okay for us to just look around and they gladly welcomed us with big huge smiles.
So, we snap, snap pictures la... hehe. While walking to the car, we saw the entrance to The Spa. I suggested that we go have a look since I am SURE I'd never go back to the place ever again. And so we walked to the spa. There was one staff at the main reception who was again, soooooo nice. Genuine smile and called us Puan and not akak!! heheh...
The actual spa area is located in private villas scattered uphill. She invited us to have a look though I am pretty sure she knew we weren't going to patron the place. That was really nice of here. I mean, we were dressed in our Muslimah swimsuits with a t-shirt over!! How classy is that?? Still, she was sooo nice. I told the girls... see, only 6-star resort staff knows how to treat us as we should be treated!! (referring to how my friend L was treated at the breakfast buffet) hehehe
So, after the little visit to The Datai, coupled with directions from the staff, we found our way to Temurun Waterfalls. Have you been to a waterfall lately?? Was it clean or dirty?? I was surprised at how clean Temurun was, did not find ANY piece of plastic or bottles or any litter at all!! Again, the waterfall was masya-Allah, gorgeous!! Terpegun melihat betapa cantiknya ciptaan Allah!!
I think we were the first to arrive at the Waterfalls that morning. We had the waterfalls all to ourselves for a good 30 minutes before other people started to come, all of them Mat Salleh families. 20 minutes later, we decided to make a move as others started to come in.
We reached the hotel just in time to clean up and check-out at 1pm. Though we had checked-out, we could still use the rented car so we drove to Pantai Cenang for lunch. After lunch, dropped off the car at the car rental centre and had them drive us back to the hotel where the airport shuttle was waiting to take us to the airport.
Reached KL on Tuesday at 7pm and reached home at 8pm. The girls ponteng sekolah satu hari (exams were over) and we were back to the same old routine the next day. Sigh!!
It sure was a fun activities-filled holiday. If I have to describe Langkawi in a few words, I'd say it is a natural wonder in every sense.
pic above, bottom right -- the view of the main Datai Resort taken from the spa villas... gorgeous!!


12 comments:
Best nye... lama DayBab tak gi Langkawi...
Back in 1998 or '99, when I was working with a telco company we had our R&R in Langkawi. The divisional secretary succeeded to get us a good rate for a 3 nights stay in Andaman, which is next to Datai. Oooo...that was a pure luxury stay for us. We heard that Datai was more luxurious however no one bothered to check it out. We were so satisfied with our hotel so tak yah nak check another one!
Another hotel that is worth staying at is the Four Seasons. Too expensive lah for me..unless hubby's company can get an extremely good corporate rate. MrsN has stayed there before and she said it was pure heaven!
Ye lah my older girls are about your girls' age. 9 & 7.
Beautiful pics Bet you had a wonderful hols.
Lama tak pergi sana. Perhaps when my younger girls are more independent.
We did the same thing too when we were in Langkawi last time. Jenguk2 The Datai. Ingat nak makan at one of the restaurants, but it was blardy expensive! I think, the mushroom soup was RM30 per bowl, or something ridiculous like that! Crazy! We just left the place.
Mdm Tai Tai, I think The Andaman was equally good. The Four Seasons was indeed nice but I feel it's overpriced. You've always wanted to go there, kan? You should ajak Chepul one of these days..
daybab -- you should!! Maybe for your honeymoon?? :-D
MTT -- Yes, heard of Andaman, memang jadi idaman to go, tapi tak de rezeki lagi hehe..
yeah, am sure The Four Seasons is nice... last year for company trip we stayed at Tanjung Rhu, next to Four Seasons... bila kereta lalu sana, jengah kepala and bukak mata besar2 kot2 boleh tengok isi kat dalam!! hehe... Someone said the Four Seasons is the most expensive hotel in the island sekarang... bertuahlah MrsN!!
jabishah -- you have four beautiful girls, don't you?? Just went over to your blog this morning... love your food blog too!! Lurrrvvveee all the recipes and pics!!
mrsnordin -- ye ke?? Adoiii so expensive... we had a nice seafood dinner for five people for about RM100 je at one of the local restaurants kat Pantai Cenang.. hehe
Hiyeee.....!!! Wow, your Langkawi tales sure make me want to go there again! We had been there only once, and that also for only one night. Managed to enjoy only half of the island, I would say. But really, masa tu pun we thought we must dedicate a few days and fly there, instead of driving. Must admit I don't quite enjoy the ferry ride...macam naik keretapi dalam kereta Hindustan!! he he Tapi of course masa kat the top level of the ferry tu perasan ala-ala percutian Lady D and Dodi Al-Fayed lah kan..hehehe...angin meniup rambut the girls and ekor tudung the mummy...hmmm!!!
p/s sorry terlebih cerita pulak..lama tak 'jumpa', kata kan...
hi love....lama tak jengok u kat sini..been bizi...hehe...wow..bestnyer gi langkawi..we went there when my son was 4 months old..and now he is already 9..hmm...that means the last trip was ages ago laaa...aiyyaiiyaaii..we shud go there again in the near future...
take care...muahhhsss!!!!
ms hart -- you should la sis!! I guarantee you mesti smitten ngan Pak Aji Ismail tu... hehe
ladydi -- as I was telling the rest yang dah lama tak gi, go la give Langkawi a revisit and try to do things yang you didn't get to do the last time... sure enjoy!!:-D
Post a Comment