CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls' exam results day

I was so glad I took leave from work last Thursday and Friday to attend my nephew's wedding in Janda Baik. It gave me the opportunity to spend some quality time with my girls in a relaxed atmosphere. The resort we stayed in was really nice too -- I'll post some pics in another entry.

However, we only attended the malam berinai and akad nikah and missed the actual kenduri as I rushed back to KL Saturday morning to go to the girls' school for Report Card Day.

The Report Card Day! -- I was quite nervous and anxious to know how my girls did in their first exam for the school year. The previous week, Misha had been telling Maira and me about the possibility of her getting first or second place in class -- her teacher had told her so, she said.

As for Maira, she told me that she thinks she'll finish off last -- as she's not confident in the Arabic and Islamic Studies subjects.

So, off I went to their school without any high expectations (for my own sake, really!). I went to see Misha's class teacher first. Misha actually did very well, getting A+'s and A's. But she did not get first OR second place. She was fifth in the class. This could be due to the only B she received for Arabic - 68 marks. Nevertheless, I was very happy that the very manja little girl who whines about almost everything did well in her first ever school exam. And according to the teacher the difference between first and fifth placing was about 4 points.

Next, Maira's class. Since she had been telling me that she might finish last, I was hoping that she'd at least get no. 10 ke... janganlah sampai berbelas-belas, kan? She actually came out third in her class. Her teacher complimented that Maira is a very bright and disciplined student. Alhamdulillah...

I immediately called the girls up -- my spirits were up and I was so proud of my girls (even though they didn't get first place, but...). Misha especially had been so excited about getting the results of her first big exam and had been telling me to reward her with presents.

On the phone, I told Maira she got third place and she was happy about it. But when I told Misha she got fifth place, she kept quiet. Then I heard soft sobs. She cried!!! My poor girl was actually very very sad that she did not get first or second place as she had expected (kenape la her teacher told her that when it's not confirmed...) I told her that I was so proud of her and that her results were really really good and told her that I'm coming back home to pick them up to get presents and have lunch somewhere.

I didn't realise that not getting first or second really hit Misha hard. She kept quiet in the car on the way to the mall. I had to assure her many many times that she had done really well! Kesian Misha...

The girls had wanted new schoolbags as presents, so I got them that (they actually used their old-but-still-nice looking bags at the start of the school year. Not that mommy kedekut, but tak nak membazir!)

Misha also wanted new colour pencils (they have tons at home, but I layan je la...), so got that for both of 'em. By the way, did you know that Faber Castell's 36-pieces colour pencils cost RM36??? Sooooo expensive, so I got them Stabilo's 48 pieces @ RM22.90. Jimat sikit!! Hehe... still good quality what? And with all the rising cost of everything from petrol to rice, cost-cutting measures are essential for survival!

Later, we went to Chili's for lunch. It was our first time there without daddy. I had been keeping away from that place since he's gone as it was one of our family's favourite eating places and I didn't want to go through yet another sense of 'loss' by being there without him. Ironically, that afternoon, it was me who suggested the restaurant to the girls. I felt strong. It's as though I wanted to test myself, really. I felt that if I could go to Chili's with my girls and be ok about it, then I am on the right track of moving on. And I made it ;-)

Sure, sometimes (all the time, actually) I wish that he's still around to watch how our little girls have grown and how much they take after him in so many ways. But I know that he ain't ever coming back for now and in that sense find comfort in that he is in a safe resting place, insya-Allah. I pray that Allah accept our prayers for him and bless his soul always. And I hope he knows how much we love him and that we miss him always...

Maira and Misha @ Chili's -- pix taken through Hannah Montana's 3D goggles.

17 comments:

Amy said...

*tears in my eyes* I'm sure he's proud of you too with Maira's and Misha's result :)

lilinbiru said...

alia's got 5th in her class as well...so proud of her...malas2 bangun pagi pun ok laa..baru std 1 kan. dont expect much from her pun.

wanshana said...

Dear myheartbleeds,

This is the first time I'm leaving a comment, although it's not my first time here! It was a pleasant surprise when I saw you leaving a comment in my humble blog :)

FYI, I used to read your other Blog "Memories of Daddy" before you set it to private. I wanted to leave a comment then, but, always too sebak to do so. Sorry...

I truly admire your strength and determination. And I'm sure Arwah would be very proud of you...

Well done, Maira and Misha. And I'm sure Daddy would be VERY, VERY, VERY PROUD of his gorgeous princesses.

Take care.

P/S : Do you mind if I link my blog to yours, please? Thanks.

MHB said...

amy -- thanks, amy...
wah... awalnya bloghopping!! Ni mesti after abis tengok bola nih!! ;-)

MHB said...

lilinbiru -- congrats to Alia and mommy too!! "malas2 bangun pagi" -- sounds a lot like my Misha!! ;-)

MHB said...

wanshana -- it's a pleasant surprise to see you here too!

I didn't know "Memories of Daddy" had an audience (actually, I think My Monologues pun only have about 6 daily readers je.. hehe). I decided to set it to private some time ago as I realised I did not get Arwah's permission to talk about his & our life so publicly.

I too had wanted to post comments on your cerita chenta (my late hubby sent me numbered letters too when he was back in M'sia and I was still in the States --this was on top of the daily emails!) like you, I was too sebak to leave comments in your box.

Yes, you may link me, of course!

Anonymous said...

yay!!! congrats and kisses to both of them..and oh!...to a wonderful mommy too....without mommy's help, the girls won't be having 'that' strength kan??...i told you...both of them are bright..u just need to guide them through (sabar++)..hehe.. and be strong.....eventho he has left u guys..but he knew..mommy will take care of you girls...sob sob..

congrats my dear friend...u're such a wonderful mom and i'm proud of you today and always...**big hugssss....

ms hart said...

My sis T, you never fail to amaze me with your strength...and it always leaves me speechless...hmm..for a chatter-box to be speechless??!!! Congrats to the three supergirls that I'm sure Daddy is soooooo proud of!! (yes, mommy pun girl, hoccay?!!!he he)

MHB said...

ladydi -- thanks, dearie!! But honestly, I think that's still A LOT of room for improvement to be made by moi in the motherhood department!! With your du'a, insya-Allah...

MHB said...

ms hart -- thanks for the kind words, sis... eventhough I honestly think I am not even close to being a Supergirl whatever... malu!!!

thanks, anyway!! ;-)

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

congratulations to misha n maira! :) they did really well indeed! n congrats to the mommy too for her hardwork n patience. :D

MHB said...

flowerinthedesert -- thanks. Baru nak bernafas, today Maira will be sitting for her Islamic Studies monthly test pulak!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to mommy... U've done an awesome job!!!

MHB said...

daybab -- malu la... the credit should go to the girls, really!!

petite n powerful said...

well done to both girls and their mummy.report card day can be nerve wrecking. i went to my kids school last week too. Both did very well. The teacher read out the report card to me (yes, as if I can't read it myself), and the other teacher decided to do some direct selling.....

Anonymous said...

Girls! congratulations! You made your mommy very proud and happy and Aunty Wiz pun tumpang sekaki.