The girls have Al-Quran lessons once a week every Tuesday with Teacher Anita who comes to the house in the evening. I'm happy to note that the girls have made good progress slowly but surely.
I must say that Teacher Anita is a very detailed ustazah who will make the children go through each page in Iqra many many times before graduating to another.
I think if my girls were to go to a different ustazah, sure dah naik Quran dah... She is very particular on pronunciation and her motto is 'get it right now and you'll get it right for the rest of your life'.
Kadang-kadang when I'm home early and get to listen to the mengaji session, the kids' recitation dengar macam dah betul to my ears, but Teacher Anita will drill them until she's satisfied. And of course, I appreciate that as it shows that she really wants her anak murid to be excellent.
Our neighbour's son, Daniel, who also goes to the same school as the girls recently joined the mengaji session. Daniel can't pronounce the letter 'r' properly, so imagine him saying the letters 'ro' and 'ghrein'...
The picture below: Daniel nak salam Maira sebab nak balik but Maira tak nak. "Kecik lagi, boleh salam... nanti dah besar tak boleh salam," said ustazah ;-)





3 comments:
alah alah...soooo sweet your girls...part yang last about salam-salam tu make me laugh...cute!! shy-shy cat!! ha ha ha
The ustazah reminds me of my dad. Thought I had it right all the time, but asyik kena aje. Used to iritate me but now I know how to appreciate, esp. now have own kids.
ms hart -- I do hope she will also be 'malu-malu' nanti bila dah ada boyfriend!! no pegang-pegang tangan one... hahaha
mama22beas -- thanks for visiting this blog! Yup! As we get older, don't we just appreciate those little things that we took for granted when we were little/younger? I now appreciate my mom's 'paksaan' to go to the ustaz's house 3 nights a week to mengaji and hafal those surah2 lazim!! The consolation at that time was at the end of the session, his wife would serve us Milo & biscuits/kuih!! heheh
Post a Comment