CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My not-so-little-anymore Misha...

Misha was sleeping on the couch when I got home at 6.30pm. Didn't wake her up to have dinner so that she could have her rest. She only woke up when it was close to 9pm! Kesian, my little girl... she must've been so tired with all the activities this week. I guess adjusting from being a kindergarten kid who comes home at 11.30am to a "grown-up Year 1 girl" who finishes school at 4pm does need some time.

Here she is having her supper of carrot and fishball soup (her favourite) at 9pm!




Unlike how I was with Maira, I refrained myself from pushing her too hard with school. I must admit, I was over-ambitious with Maira when Maira was in Year 1. But it paid off, as Maira was top of her class.
I'm taking it much easier with Misha -- unlike Maira who was much more matured at the same age, Misha is still very much a 'baby'. It must have something to do with being the youngest in the family, I suppose. I am letting her grow at her own pace. Perhaps not having her dad around makes me look at things differently as well. Getting an A for every test is not all there is in life.
And so, it was such a nice surprise when immediately after finishing her soup, she rushed to her room and took out her first test result as a 'big girl'.
My little girl got 100% for her Math test! It brought tears to my eyes! What can I say... I'm a MOM!

4 comments:

D said...

Congratulations to mommy and Misha... You are right, "Getting an A for every test is not all there is in life", but it certainly puts a smile on our faces, right?!

MHB said...

d -- :D

Anonymous said...

Your anak anak tak letih ke dengan aktiviti harian dia org? Mcm betul betul demanding je.

I think if it was me, tak tahan kot. Hehe.

MHB said...

nadlique -- I bet they are tired. but I make sure they go to bed by 9pm to get 9 hours of sleep every night.