CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Busy, busy girls...

It has been a busy week for the girls. They started their co-curricular activities, starting with Taekwondo yesterday.


They enjoyed it, of course -- but I pulak yang kesian kat diorang. Upon reaching home after 5pm yesterday, they had to quickly take a shower and have their dinner (they are accustomed to early dinner by 6.30pm). Then on with mengaji lessons until Maghrib.

If that's not enough, they still have homework to do as well as Kumon worksheets.

It was no surprise then, when Misha dozed off on the sofa even before the ustazah left the house last night. Thank God she didn't have any homework. But she would have to complete her Kumon worksheets for the day, the next (there's one/two worksheets for everyday of the week, 365 days a year and one need to complete it daily).

Today they had the school's swimming lessons. Remember I was worried about arranging their transport home? Thank God, the van auntie finally agreed to pick them up. According to Bibik, they reached home at 6pm today.

After dinner, it's double Kumon worksheets + homework. But I must applaud them, they are quite diligent in completing their tasks. No complaints so far, alhamdulillah... I suppose they do have the energy since they are young (unlike me, whose body is 10 years older than it should be!)

Sometimes I do worry about them having too much on their little plate. They used to go for music and ballet lessons too, but that stopped after daddy was gone. I couldn't send them while in Iddah, and truth be told, I wasn't quite up to it (thinking back now, maybe I was being selfish?) -- after Iddah I asked them if they wanted to continue and Maira said "tak payahlah... sebab nanti Maira teringat... sebab daddy yang selalu hantar". I had encouraged them to continue lessons at Yamaha, but that didn't work out either.

Now, apart from school activities, they have mengaji, Kumon classes and Computertots. That should be more than enough for them to be well-adjusted kids. I think. I hope. Insya-Allah...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I baca pun dah penat..:D banyak eh homework kids nowadays? Tapi tu semua rewarding activities, takpe :)

MHB said...

Amy -- homework tak banyak sangat, but they have long school session from 8am-4pm. Penat jugaklah kan...

D said...

phew!I wonder how my kids will cope back home because life here is soooo relaxed!! kudos to the beautiful M-girls and Mommy.

MHB said...

d -- thanks for the kind words of encouragement. just doing our best. I know other families who juggle a lot more... much, much more, I tell you...