I don't spend much time in front of the telly these days, and part of the reason is I no longer get Channel 733 -- Discovery Home and Health (DHH) on Astro, not since they stopped the free introductory subscription beginning this year.
And since I'm cheap, RM14.95 is a lot of money to be spending on an extra favourite channel on pay tv. It's not like I have the time/nor patience to sit for hours watching my favourite shows, but I do enjoy the luxury of flipping into a channel that I like. Think I had enough of the Friends/Seinfeld re-runs on Starworld and Channel-E can sometimes get to0 shallow for my intellect (eleh!...).
My three favourite shows on DHH:
Little People, Big World: I am simply fascinated by how this family of two little parents + one little child and three 'normal-sized' kids go about their daily routine. This, you can never really see for yourself in real life, not unless you have friends or family who are little people. Definitely beats watching Kimora Lee-Simmons trying to look fantabulous all the time!
The Duggars: It just amazes me how a person can actually give birth to 17 children, still maintain her look and still maintain her tone of voice! Everyone is so polite-polite in this show -- and the momma talks ever so softly, makes me feel like such a nasty mom -- and I only have two kids! Love to notice (and peep) the girls' bloomers under their knee-length skirts. They are just so wholesome! Gotta love 'em.

Jon + Kate plus eight: A pair of twins and a sextuplets under the same roof and all under the age of 6? Gotta be interesting. Love to see all eight children, each with their own personalities and features manouver their where-abouts in the house and outdoors. But I notice one thing about this family -- Jon and Kate lack that certain chemistry between spouses and many a moment they look like they can't wait for the cameras to stop rolling just so they can scream at each other! (well, it's just my personal observation) But then again, with all eight kids roaming about the house, wouldn't you too feel like screaming your heads off? They are just really tired, man!
And I have to give up peeping into their lives just coz' of an additional RM14.95...
1 comments:
oh, we like the same channel and the same shows.
Post a Comment