CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

On the third day of Ramadhan...

Alhamdulillah, we've entered the fourth day of Ramadhan tonight. So far, so good. School's out for the kids, so we've been at my mom's since Friday night. Pagi tadi after subuh I went home to change into office wear and headed straight to work. Reached the office around 7.40am. We have flexi-hours during Ramadhan and I opted for the 8am-5pm slot. Misha called at 11am asking where I was. Kat office la, Mish oiii hehe...

I am loving it. Ramadhan, that is. It feels good to be in such a blessed month. Love the aura. Kids having no problems to fast, alhamdulillah. At 8 and 10, they shouldn't, right? For buka puasa, we have it simple. Maira likes ayam goreng rempah and cucur lemak manis Adabi while Misha likes vegetable soup and rendang daging ~ my mom made tons of the latter. They like their mangoes too for buka and sahur. And apple juice.

We have not been to the Bazaar Ramadhan I'm not tempted to go pun. The girls prefer homemade kuih (and we never buy lauk outside). Today it was kuih cara manis. The only kueh we've bought is our family fav ~ kuih jongkong in Ulu Langat. I wrote about our love affair with jongkong here.

The girls have been diligent with their tarawikhs too (baru 4 malam, kan) alhamdulillah... Maira especially, is an obedient little woman... waking up for sahur and solat subuh upon hearing a whisper of her name... the same can't be said about Misha haha.

Alhamdulillah, I have enjoyed the first three days of Ramadhan with the girls ~ completed raya shopping for them too on Saturday. I surprised myself with agreeing to get Crocs for their kasut raya!! I used to hate Crocs (the two pairs they each have were bought by my sis ~ ok, must admit the Mary Janes are cute but I still do not like the caymans). But the Crocs that we got are totally different. Think Audrey Hepburn ballerina flats. Yes, mommy actually approved!!

Things are slowing down at the office and now will be a good time to do all the paperwork instead of fire-fighting all the time. Tapi tu yang boringnya... buat keje senyap-senyap sorang-sorang, can fall asleep like that... chaos can be quite cool, actually... ;-)

I've gotten some cake orders for raya, enough to keep me on my feet 3 days before Eid ~ thing is I'm sooo not the professional and I do take my time belek-membeleking each cake/cupcake that I think I take a much longer time being on my feet than I should. Tu lah, berangan can do it all konon... hehe. Btw, the photo of the cupcakes up above was taken sometime ago, saje put it here rather than keeping it together with other cupcakes' photos that did not manage to see the blog of day!!

Ngantuk already now and will go to sleep. Nanti tak bangun sahur pulak!! Depending on the time of day you're reading this, Selamat Berpuasa; Selamat Berbuka Puasa; Selamat Bersahur; Selamat Beribadah; selamat segalanya. Semoga segala yang kita usahakan Ramadhan ini diterimaNya, ameeenn...

8 comments:

mamasita said...

Lovely mum,lovely kids,lovely entry! Selamat segalanya to you too.

MHB said...

mamasita -- lovely callsign!! :-) so muda remaja gitu... in fact, you have not changed much at all!! and that's an honest opinion. Selamat ber-Ramadhan to you and family!!

ummisara said...

Selamat Berpuasa dear....

i loathed cayman...but i love mary jane hehehe and just bought another pair for my girl - Alice in gold.

Gud luck for the orders ya...hah jenuhhhhh lah berdiri b4 raya :P

MHB said...

edelweiss -- nyampah kan, tengok cayman?? haha... the one I got them was Lily... very dainty gitu ;-) Alice is nice too.

Tu laaa... sungguh tak professional, baru dapat 12 orders dah rasa cam nak tutup kedai!! haha

ms hart said...

MHB, 'Pagi tadi after subuh I went home to change into office wear and headed straight to work'...macam sama je kegiatan!! Enjoy your Ramadhan, dear.

CS said...

Salam Ramadhan to u n fmly. That kueh jongkong, I had it decades ago when I was a sweet young thing. Memang sedap sedap dan sedap!

MHB said...

ms hart -- hehe giat, jangan tak giat... Selamat ber-Ramadhan to you too, sis!!

MHB said...

somuffins -- oh, am pretty sure you're still an SYT ;-) Memang sedap,kan the jongkongs... pi lah cari kat Langat!!