CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Carrots in the oven

I have been searching high and low for the perfect carrot cake recipe for ages and tonight I baked a perfectly perfect one, thanks to my sugar high-ness; cake wizard Wiz!!

As I was mixing the ingredients together, I must admit I had a slight doubt about the cake turning out as it should -- the batter was a little too watery... dalam hati berkata-kata, "ish, jadi ke ni? maybe I should've used the mixer and beat the eggs and sugar on high speed instead of just manually mixing them together macam buat cekodok!!"

Then I jampi-jampi and sayang-sayang the batter la pulak... you know what they say about how liquid react to words??

Alhamdulillah, bukan setakat menjadi... yummy tak terkata ;-) For those who'd like to try out this recipe specially put together by the wizard herself, go here. Like I told you Wiz, may Allah bless you for every bite taken by each person enjoying this cake... I'm sure the office gang will love every single bite of this cake at our potluck party tomorrow... and that's a lot of bites from many people tau!! ;-)



20 comments:

D said...

hehe... dalam my unpublished food blog ada resepi carrot cake jugak! will compare it to yours. as i told you before, the carrots meant for my carrot cake are still waiting for me in the fridge - one by one being sacrificed for my salad, stew or curry! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Salam MHB, those look so goooooood, better than mine. Thank you so much for trying out. Next up is to try my mak's yellow cake. It is in the archive too.

Credits should all go to you coz you baked them!

Muahs.

Anonymous said...

mengancam nye carrot cuppies tu... ehem.. ehem... nak rasa sikit.
hehehehehe

KG said...

MHB,

Yes, I was also like you trying all the carrot cake recipes...and Wiz's proved to be the bestest!! I jugak sudah gatal and tambah baking powder + buttermilk, tapi without them also sedaaappp!!

ms hart said...

Alamak...menggoda-goda! Tu je lah standard I...asyik rela digoda aje by your baking pix!;-)

MHB said...

D -- can you please publish it already!! so many people are waiting tau!!

do you mind sharing your recipe for your sambal belacan yang ada bunga kantan yang I makan kat rumah you tu? ari tu nak mintak malu eheheh

MHB said...

wiz -- thank you, thank you, thank YOU!! everyone loved it and I dah circulate dah pun recipe tu hehe...

yes, next up is your mak's yellow cake recipe!!

MHB said...

daybab -- sedaap tau recipe ni... try it!!

MHB said...

KG -- wiz told me about it!! nak kena try ni... kalau as is pun dah sedap... imagine that!! thanks for sharing!!

MHB said...

ms hart -- try it, sis!! senang je.. tak yah pakai mixer pun, kacau-kacau je macam buat cucur sayur gitu!! you'll love it!!

Unknown said...

MHB,

Looks so yummy. Can I put in an order for these??

Check ur email.

Hugs.

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Hi MHB,

I believe you are becoming wizard yourself with every attempt at baking. I would have just loved to lick off the topping tu!! Irresistable!

petite n powerful said...

Oh my Oh my Oh my! I'd give up my anonymity any day for some of that carrot cake!

MHB said...

Aida -- I am sorry to have to turn down the order ;-( next time, ya ;-) asyik2 kena go outstation je sekarang hmmm

MHB said...

MTT -- hehe... can't resist the creamy cream cheese topping ya?? ;-)

MHB said...

P&P -- I'd bake some for you anytime!! tell you what? gimme your add and a box will be sent right away, my treat... Or kalau still nak remain anonymous, have someone collect it at a meeting point.. am serious!! ;-)

keep well, my dear and congratulations!! ;-)

ileena said...

hye there!

OMG....I so love all your cakesssssss!!!:):)

can you tell me where can i get those cuppycakes stand? i'll be back home end of june...and sgt amat tak sabar to get one of those.
hahaha!

thanx for dropping a comment in my blog.and thanx so much for telling me about that cuppycakes stand!!

MHB said...

ileena -- go here, dear..

http://www.2decoratecakes.com

You can find the store add and opening hours on the left. Another shop you might want to check out is Cake Connection at Jaya One http://cakeconnection.com.my/home.php. They too carry many of Wilton's products.

Have fun!! ;-)

yvonne said...

hey.. ur carrot cupcake looks finger licking good..

how do i buy from you ?

MHB said...

yvonne -- Hi Yvonne!! thanks for your interest. You can give me your email add so I can send you details or you can email me at: thecakebox.thecakebox@gmail.com

I look forward to hear from you ;-)