Am back from Langkawi!! And I need a holiday to recover from the trip!! Hehe...
The five of us left for Langkawi on Sunday morning and reached the hotel before noon. Since check-in time was 3pm, we decided to rent a car and wasted no time in exploring the island. We got a Kancil to use until 10.30pm. As we were already feeling hungry at that time, our immediate mission was to stop for lunch on the way to Gunung Mat Chincang for the cable car ride.
And so lunch was at the Oriental Village. There were quite a number of restaurants offering Western, Greek and Mexican food among others, but we chose to satisfy our growling stomachs at a Nasi Kandar restaurant!! Kenyang!!
We had also considered having our lunch at The Loaf, but due to the limited space (the place was crammed - with only like 5 tables for patrons), the Nasi Kandar restaurant was our best bet!!
Alhamdulillah, the weather was kind to us throughout the trip. We were afraid it might rain since it was raining almost daily here in KL before we left. Tu yang kejar pergi cable car ride tu, as the service can be disrupted for days kalau bad weather...
We had to wait in line for almost an hour for the cable car ride!! We were told that it rained two days in row before that, so that explained the flood of people!! But the long wait was well worth it. The view from up there was breathtaking!! The blue sea and the blue sky seemed to merge into one... masya-Allah!!
After the cable car ride, off we went to Kuah town. Bought chocolates je... didn't shop for any of those pinggan-mangkuk/crystal though mata ni meliar-liar jugak (ok la, I DID buy a few things, macam tak real pulak la kalau tak beli apa-apa kan??) hehe... It was my friend who borong-ed barang-barang kat Hj Ismail Group tu... hehe
Dinner was at a seafood restaurant and by the time we were done, it was almost 10pm. Dropped off the car at the car rental and got driven back to the hotel. ZZzzzzzz... tidoq lena!!
to be continued...


27 comments:
among my favourite vacation spot in malaysia - langkawi!!
wah wah... melampau nih (but totally understood), nak holiday lagi after holiday pulak??!!
eagerly waiting for the continuationg..
hmmm...btol ke ada deepavali celebration tu kat sana? or i bg wrong info to u?
Akak, dah dekat dah dengan hometown saya tu!!!!...Bestnyaa dia!!!..Sekali sekala membeli dan membelah....no hal
DENTIST
Lovely pictures, and the weather so glorious. Rezqi you all to have such good weather there.
Yup - me, too. Langkawi is one of my family's favourite holiday destinations. Macam-macam ada :) In fact, we're going there in about 3 weeks time! Yahoo!
And I'm already planning on my project to add on to my Corelle/Corning collection. Hehehe! I only collect one design ajer - untuk pakai makan-makan for 16 people (soon to go up to 32, insya Allah :))
More pictures, please :) Thank you.
Aaahh...you are back! Yes, lovely pictures! We too love that area around The Cove - what's the name again? Dah lupa pulak. Just that the view bukan macam kat Malaysia, kan? So minah-minah jenin macam I dgn my girls ni memanglah suka!! ha ha Anyway, kalau terkenang-kenang anything kat Haji Ismail tu, pesan aje kat Wanshana!!! Opocot!!
d -- I always feel like that after each vacation tau... bukan makin rested, makin letihh... lainlah kalau pegi spa vacation... ahhhh... it would be bliss... ;-)
hazlin -- mana ada daaa... ;-) looked around jugak to see if there was any celebration, but none to be found!! Thank God jugak, if not the island sure will be too crowded!!
anonymous@DENTIST -- ye ke??
Sekali sekali membeli-belah memang no hal... yang takut tu bila berkala-kala!! hehe
wanshana -- yup, Langkawi memang macam2 ada, kan?? And yang penting ada tempat untuk bershopping barang-barang org perempuan!! :-D
Tambah, sis... jangan tak tambah... hehe. You know, my Corelle collection is the one I got from the US when I was an undergraduate - 2 diff sets of 8 servings each... sampai la ni tak jumpa2 bunga yang serupa kat Langkawi or mana2 in M'sia. Susah betul nak add on... guess I just have to find a new Corelle design that I like and beli 2 dozens terusss... :-)
ms hart -- haha... I know, kat Oriental Village tu kan... ala2 Mediterranean gitu... :-)
Ehhh... hmmmm... memang ada yang terkenang2... boleh ke wanshana?? :-) eheheh...
Bestnya! Takut tak naik cable car? If I were to go, I would be the only one boarding coz my kids and the father are afraid of heights!!! So what fun is that kan? sorang2 je. Should have tagged on you je.
wiz -- Maira was a bit apprehensive at first and didn't want to go on it (but she's been on the cable car in Genting & Sentosa Island couple of times without any fear) but relented after I told her she'd have to wait by herself at the station while the rest of us go on the joyride :-)
Laaa... awat tak habaq?? Boleh ikut skali... next time, k?
Berani you naik cable car. I was very scared that time we went up the hill. Budak2 syok saja, mak budak ketakutan. Bapak budak lagi lah... berpeluh2! I didn't know he was afraid of heights! Hee.. hee..
mrsnordin -- hehe... ye ke?? so, the fear corresponds to the body size?? heheh
I enjoyed it... lagi tinggi, lagi scary lagi best!!! ;-)
Hi MHB,
Love the pictures of the girls and the scenery. We haven't been to Langkawi for a long while now. When we were there last, cable car tu belum ada lagi. Must be awesome to travel on it to the top. Sure vertigo I ni!
Welcome back and glad to see the girls and you had a good holiday.
erk cable car...i gayat. So dah pegi sekali, takmo dah. As my hometown is in Perlis, I no longer get excited about Langkawi anymore sbb dah too often. But if people ask, I still recommend Langkawi la. Love the pictures. U pakai software apa untuk collage the pictures eh? Cepatla continue the story
hey, i tagged u... saja je. ok eh?
MTT -- you should check out Langkawi next time you're planning a Malaysian vacation. Like wanshana said, "macam2 ada!". People are friendly and food is good, not to mention the natural wonders :-)
amy -- gayat ke?? hehe... lucky you, selalu ada chance nak gi Langkawi (and bila2 masa boleh singgah kedai Hj Ismail... jeles :o)
I used picasa from google
http://picasa.google.com/
d -- ok, ok... no probs :o)
la..i just came back today from langkawi..ehehe..beli chocolates byk!hehe..memang bestla langkawi tu..last time i went we all dah naik cable car, so this time just jalan sikit2 and enjoy the pool aje..
Langkawi is one of the fav local destinations! My parents soo love going there..me too, and my kids! We went to all the tourist spots EXCEPT that cable ride..dear hubby gayat la (eh? apasal ramai sgt lelaki yang gayat nih? ada sapa sapa buat analysis ke..)
And Pulau Payar! That was the best of all!
p/s Love the pics..pandai MHB amik senget senget gitu.. :)
royalshoppingarcade -- laaa... ye ke?? where did you stay?
waterlily -- yup, Langkawi MUST be one of the fav holiday destinations among locals kan??
laaa awat gayat?? heheh
p/s: thank you... baru nak belajor gitu.. hee hee
i stayed at Kg tok Senik.how about you?
royalshoppingarcade -- we stayed at 3-star Awan* P*rto M*lai...
I've only seen pics of Kg Tok Senik... the resort looks nice.. recommendable tak and more importantly affordable??
Yes, highly recommendable. I paid RM170 per night.booking online at toksenik.com.
It was the hotel we stayed 7.5 yrs ago during our honeymoon,tu yg bawak children pegi, lari gedegang gedegung since rumah type kampung!hehe...tapi takde pantai la..area kampung.dikelilingi sawah bendang..nice..
A.P.Malai pun nice..dari dulu nak try, tak try try jugak...next time, insyaAllah..
dulu I stayed at Asea*ia (ni 3rd time pegi as a family dari anak satu sampai ke anak 3)tapi i don't recommend that at all.pool memang high class,yg lain tak!
Post a Comment