CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Buka Puasa surprise

The office had a buka puasa do for the staff last night. Spouse and family members were invited to join. I brought my girls, of course.

Went to pick them up from school at 3pm and rushed back to work, arriving at the office at 3.45pm. I was going to join in a discussion with Angkasa*wan Negara (yes, that's what it says on his namecard) Major Dr F*aiz Khaled at 4pm.

We took the lift from the ground floor and it stopped on the first floor. Guess who was in the lift?? The Angkasawan himself!! (he was early for the meeting). That was a nice surprise for the girls. A couple of months ago, Dr F*aiz was at their school giving a talk and Misha had come home complaining that she waited in line forever to get his signature but when she reached Dr F*aiz's table, the big boys pushed her away and she fell on her knees!! Kesian :-(

Back to the scene in the lift -- my boss who was with him introduced me and I told the Angkasawan about Misha's incident and the friendly Angkasa*wan terus shook her hands. Malu pulak Misha time tu... haha... it was cute.

I later adjourned to my meeting (sans the girls, of course) with the Angkasa*wan and he later joined us for the buka puasa.

Dapatlah Maira & Misha ambik gambar with him puas-puas!


The friendly dentist also layan all the anak-anak yatim from two orphanages who were invited to the do. He was genuinely nice, that I can say.

In November last year I took the girls to meet with the first Angkasa*wan Dr Sh*eikh at one of the exhibitions. After a session of picture-taking and shaking hands, the girls (who were on cloud nine for the rest of the day) claimed they did not want to wash their hands forever!! Haa... penangan Dr SMS. I must add that he is really really good-looking (kalau tak bercakap le) :-)
Dr S*heikh with us in Nov last year.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

MHB!!! I totally agree with you. He would be the epitome of the perfect man if he stays silent and just smile.

The other angkasawan tu, so sweet kan. But he needs someone to manage his attire, coz I think it's a bit of a mismatch, unlike Dr. SMS sumer pun mcm baju2 model antarabangsa je kan.

D said...

HoHoHo... Good looks is one of the criteria to become a Malaysian astronaut ka?? Without the influence of those gentlemen, I must say that it's my Little D's ambition to be one.

btw, how did u manage to make the girls wash their hands, ek?

ms hart said...

Alamak! Ya ke about that angkasawan's 'better-don't-smile' thingy?! Ai sayh...patut pilih dua-dua dentist, kan? kuang kuang kuang Anyway, my girls pun 2x5 je dgn yours! But after a while dah subside...aahhh girls!! ha ha

One thing tho', tak pasal2 these two clever people jadik macam celebrities pulak in the sense that they have to go ke hulu ke hilir. Do people bother about whatever their experiments up there? Kesian pun ada.

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

MHB,

Lucky girls to have met both astronauts! Starry eyed, gitu.. :)

Btw, apasal it'd be better if Dr S doesn't talk? He's got bad teeth ke? Isn't he a dentist??

wanshana said...

Waaaahhh...I can just imagine how excited the girls (and you?!) were on both occassions jumpa angkasawan negara.

I've never met/seen them in person.
Now you've made me curious with your comment on SMS.

Is it the same case as David Beckham? Muka hensem (but, not to me - not my taste! Hehehe), but, when he speaks - hancuuussss, because of his voice and terrible accent!

So, which one is it? Voice? Accent/dialect? Teeth? :)

EFS said...

now you make me wonder why it is better for SMS to keep quiet and just smile...

Waterlily said...

Ye lah MHB...curious pasal SMS ni. He looks very dashing indeed. But of course I've never cross path with him, so to pernah listen to him talked or ..sing.

Anyway...cute betul anak2 you bergambar dengan Angkasawan Negara. Nampak ayu and malu-malu gitu.

MHB said...

wiz!! -- so, you get what I mean?? thank you!!

and on your second point, I totally agree!! I was just telling a colleagues yesterday that Dr F*aiz should get fashion tips from SMS!!

MHB said...

d -- ntah la bout the good looks as a criteria. If it is, sedih laa...

well, the girls cakap je la tak nak tangan -- esok pagi bangun, mandi gak... ;-)

oh... Ameen... moga2 'lil D dapat jadi a real astronaut and not just a space tourist!!

MHB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MHB said...

ms hart -- girls will be girls, kan?? they were really excited to see SMS last year.

Well, SMS is now doing his own thang, the junior Angkasa*wan now doing his rounds, not just promoting the program (sebab tak tau lagi nak teruskan for now ke dak) but to create S&T awareness as a whole to the public especially kids.

I didn't say SMS should smile :D just don't talk!! *wink* *wink*

MHB said...

MTT -- ayo... how to explain it in a politically correct way?? haha... no, he's not a dentist, the second one is. Not bad breath either, and his teeth are perfect, it's just...

wiz!! help me!!

MHB said...

wanshana -- mommy dia tak le excited sangat, excited sikit jek !! haha...

I feel the same about Beckham!! Muka lawa tapi bila cakap... hancusss giles!! Camana nak jawab soklan you ye?? tak jawab, boleh?? ;-)

MHB said...

efs -- I guess it's not obvious to the rest, just to me??? I must be so teruk then!! ;-( haha

MHB said...

waterlily -- dashing indeed he was!! haha... my girls kalau ambik gambar memang ala-ala ayu gitu, tapi sebenarnye TIDAK!!

madame blossom said...

selamat berpuasa dan berbuka :)

I've been meaning to ask..(or have i asked before?) are those flowers on the right pics. like in the garden - from your garden? they are very pretty. I especially like those little pink flowers yang banyak2 tu.. apa nama bunga/pokok tu?

EFS said...

Mhb, i've never heard him speak. But if it's anything like beckham, then I can understand - Hilarious voice. Maybe I should search for SMS on youtube and hear his voice :-)

MHB said...

madame blossom -- no, you've not asked before. yes, those flowers are from my garden - in my dreams that is!!! Unfortunately for me, those ARE NOT la... they were flowers in Cameron Highlands which I managed to snap on my last trip earlier this year!!

Selamat berpuasa and berbuka to you too!!

MHB said...

efs -- alamak!! kesian lak kat SMS!!

everything else aside, he's a really nice guy and he's made us all proud, kan? so, that's what matters!! :D

MrsNordin said...

Hi again,

Actually, that dr Faiz is really nice and good looking, kan? With a great set of teeth, what more do you want?

I've met him personally before, he came by our office. I was thinking to myself, if I was single, I would have asked him out! Hee... hee...

Tapi Dr SMS belum pernah jumpa lagi. Yeah, I heard he only look good when he is silent.

MHB said...

hi... you thought he was good looking? I didn't think that, but thought muka dia manis and macam budak baik laa... hehe

the first time I saw him in Sabah, I thought he looked really fit (walaupun with a skinny frame) and healthy... mesti dia tak sentuh makanan lemak2 i.e masak lemak pucuk paku hahaha!!!

SMS pulak pun very nice guy... tapi yelah, the way he talks tak matching with his looks...