Dearest Babang,
You would've been 38 years old today. Reluctantly, the girls and I had to welcome August 3rd for the second time without you around.
I reminded the girls about your birthday earlier in the week, and I asked them what we should do to honour the day. Misha quickly answered, "...pergi kubur daddy". And so, that's what we did today.
I remember your last birthday with us in 2006. You surprised us by planning to come home early after your afternoon meeting. Heck, the girls and I were still scouting around for your present at the mall when you called to say that you were on your way home!! You laughed when I said don't come home yet (of course you knew we were out getting your present!) and detoured to the hardware store to get something for your tool box. Thank you!! ;-)
The girls and I managed to get home before you did (pheww!) and came home with a birthday cake and three prezzies - one from each of us. The girls made homemade happy birthday banners and stuck them on the front door.
We had cake and tea and you opened the prezzies. I didn't manage to capture the moment as I had misplaced our digital camera (we later found it in the Nike backpack which we took to the park the weekend earlier, remember?)
You know what? I dreamt about you last night. It was so vivid. It was just the two of us and we were shopping for Maira's shoes. In another scene, we were hugging each other and I was telling you that it might be a good idea for us to settle in Penang where things are less hectic and not as fast-paced as KL. I was telling you that maybe it would be good for our little family to move (we had never discussed this and this was never an option). And then I woke up.
Dearest Babang,
Not a minute passes by without you in my thoughts. Life is so different without you. Period.
I wish you could take one look at me right now to know how I'm feeling. You've always been good at that.
I pray that Allah is taking good care of you and bless you always.
Here's a poem I'd like to dedicate to you. It's hung on our bathroom wall soon after you left.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
On your birthday...
Untitled
~Claudia Adrienne Grandi~
If I had to
spend my life without you,
I'd be forced to spend my life
without a part of me.
You are so much a part of me
that loving you
is not a matter of choice...
it's what I do...
it's what I am...
Posted by MHB at Sunday, August 03, 2008
Labels: babang, family, memories of daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
.................................................................................................................
(ssyyy...it's like am interfering some romantic conversation....ok lah, better not leave any print....kacau je...)
*tears welling tho'...
thanks for sharing..
very gloomy over here for the past week. Physically very busy but mentally very emotionally down in the dumps! Just a phase, just a phase, insyaAllah..
ms hart -- it's ok... ;-) I wouldn't have post it here if it was meant to be private. Thanks for dropping a line!
d -- hey you... think of it this way... a 'good' phase will surely make its way soon after the 'lousy' phase, rite? Hang in there!
sob! sob! uwaaa...... you wrote from your heart Myheartbleeds - I feel your pain, your loss, your loneliness. Luckily you have the two angels there. I am sure they are looking up to you as a tower of strength. God bless.
*speechless bila baca poem*.. heavy heart. I can only offer you hugs and prayers *mowahs*
waterlily -- thanks for the well wishes. I am blessed to have made friends on the cyberspace like u...
amy -- the poem is not mine... but it sure was written for me!! ((hugs back))
If there is anyway I can make you feel less of the pain even for just one single second, please do tell.
I dont need to say be strong, coz you are the strength I have always hoped I had.
forgive me for barging in without giving proper salam...have been a quiet reader all this while. yr stories have always been heartwarming but i have to say that this one took the icing on the cake - sweet and poignant!
KC
wiz -- thank you so much, dear... you are a sweetheart!
but maluuuuunye... I am so NOT strong...
anon@KC -- salam to you... thanks for dropping a line.
((((((((HUGS)))))))))
...you've made me cry...again...
Hang in there, my dear...
*silent tear*
wanshana -- ((((((HUGS BACK))))))
thanks, sis...
efs -- he was a great guy, wasn't he??
Amin, May Allah SWT menempatkannya dikalangan orang2 yang beriman dan dirahmatiNya sentiasa. You are such a strong lady.
I don't know what to say.....{life must goes on....}
Take care sis!
kaseh -- thanks for the dua... insyallah...
dentist -- I suppose so... you take care too!
Post a Comment