It was raining in the late afternoon yesterday.
Maira said as a matter of factly, "It's exactly like a year ago today -- hujan".
Puzzled, I looked at her and she continued, "Masa daddy meninggal pun hujan".
Oddly enough, I hadn't remembered that it rained. But I do now. Immediately after the burial ceremony was over, it started raining just as we were leaving the grounds.
Yes, it was a year ago yesterday when it happened. Days after that, while crossing the dates off on my calendar, I'd tell myself -- "time will fly... days will turn into weeks, weeks into months and soon it'll be a year. You will live. Note to self: please remember how you feel today, a year from now".
With Allah's grace, I had survived a year without my best friend. I am still breathing, walking and doing every other thing that living human beings do. And I have not gone mad, alhamdulillah...
Ya Allah... thank you for all your blessings. Thank you for your guidance and redha. And thank you for looking after him.
Al-Fatihah...
4 comments:
Redha& sabar.Understand your situation as i also lost my other half too.
Anonymous -- thanks for dropping by. Yes, redha & sabar. Sesungguhnya Allah Maha Mengetahui..
Honestly, I really can't imagine how it would be for me if I was in your place, facing what you're facing.
I can also say Redha & Sabar but I'm just not too sure that I would react the same way, when it's my turn.
Anyway, you being strong for yourself and for the sake of your kids is a feat in itself. So, kudos to you on that.
Nadlique -- thank for your kind words.
Truth be told, I am not always so strong. Whatever strength that I have is from Him, the Almighty, and I so thank Him for that.
Post a Comment